New toys on the way

Take pictures of your system. It'll be like a sleeper lol, an eMachines with that inside :D

I tell everyone my computer is an eMachines, but I custom built most of it. There are only a few original parts, the rest I put in there on my own. Only original parts are the CPU+HSF, HDD, MOBO, DVD Drive and case. Next thing I plan on replacing is the CPU, but that won't be for quite some time. Get me an even better dual core, I hear these Pentium D's are going out of style. And I want something that runs cooler, this Pentium D runs 52 degrees Celsius at idle temperature, and under load it goes up to 60. The Pentium line is naturally like that, though, I just don't like it.

^^ I hope that it isn't too much of a bottleneck. I can live with some for awhile. I might be looking into the processor market in about 6 months, or before then if I get a job. If I get a job, I might just go ahead and build a fully custom rig.

Response to the second picture: Eww, I didn't realize that there was that much dust on my card. I love high definition cameras.. Now, where did I put that can of compressed air....

100_2485.jpg

100_2486.jpg

YES!!!! THEY FINALLY CAME!!!!!!!

100_2497.jpg

I know, my cable management sucks, but nothing is in the way of any fans and I think airflow is adequate. My computer officially owns now.

100_2495.jpg

The card. Don't ask me why the pic is sideways, your guess is as good as mine. This thing what bigger than I thought it would be, but it works excellent! And I don't have to go through the trouble of finding a temp gauge for it because ATi Catalyst has one built in for it, and so does GPU-Z. It runs at 52C Idle.

100_2491.jpg

The new RAM, which looks amazing with the heat spreaders. Yeah, 32-Bit Vista registers the full 4 gigs as well.

100_2492.jpg

This thing had a s**tload of connectors and barely fit inside my case.

Only benchmarks I have so far are the Windows Vista experience indexes. The card gets a 5.9 in both fields, and the RAM gets a 5.6.

Very nice, hope you have fun with all the new parts :D Looks like the card barely fit in your case :eek:

Yeah, just barely, when I bought the card I was afraid I might have to cut the hard drive cage in half, but I managed to do without. I would have had an easier time fitting it if there weren't so many damn cables, but I couldn't find a modular PSU with good enough specs for me.

SWEET!!! It runs FSX at 1440x900, Anisotropic filtering, with maxed out settings at an average of 30 FPS, and sometimes it spikes to 60!!

EDIT-- Sins of a Solar Empire, 1440x900, Maximum settings, 30 to 75 FPS, averages 60.

nice result, I bet you're one happy camper :D

Looks like your card/cage situation is the same as when I installed my 9800GTX, there was 0.000000001mm clearance between the card and the cage, thought i'd have to cut my cage as well but luckily didn't in the end.

Flying will be heaps more fun for sure.

:D

I did a little tweaking, and I got FSX to average between 40 and 80 :eek: FPS.

So frickin' awesome

Only thing I had to change was Water max 2.x to Water high 1.x.. I mean, who needs 100% realistic looking water? I also turned off shadows, those are unnecessary for me.

Back
Top Bottom