The new task!

renegadeandy

In Runtime
We are looking for software / hardware to do the following:-

We have a large customer database - we want to be able to send add a button
on our control area - when its clicked a modem dials the customers number -
but then allows us to pick up the handset and speak to the customers.

The software needs to be accessable from our own software.

Can you locate suitable dialer software / hardware - we use BT Converse 225
telephones. The Modem shouldn't auto answer etc. Only one PC has a modem
at them moment.

hmmm...

sadly I'm not sure that this can be done easily... (with converse 255 phones anyway).
the only data port on the phone is a regular UK phone socket that is supposed to allow you to connect it to a modem.

it might be possible (however) to get (or make) and auto dialer that doesn't necessarily have to use a modem...

it really depends on whether,

a) making something to fo this job is the way you want to go.
b) what software you have and how the autodialling properties of that software works.
(for instance call software like mazimizer, saleslogix, (and I think) ACT!) all integrate with PBX phone switches, so you couldn't use a regular modem even if you wanted to)

Assuming that the autodial properties of the software can be as simple as just sending a number through a com port then you could make a device that listened to the numbers given through the serial port and generated tones based on those numbers (std dial tones), that were put straight on the line, effectivly dialing for the opperator,

Well...
(I can't say much for the CRM software since I don't know what it is).
but to make an auo dialer I'd suggest that you use a PIC chip and a DAC to generate tones specifid by data that you can transfer to the chip using a serial port.

you can find the frequencies used by the individual buttons on the phone here.
http://www.atis.org/tg2k/_dual-tone_multifrequency_signaling.html

to make it a little easier you could also not use tone dialling and use pulse dialling instead. (you wouldn't need the DAC if you used pulse dialling).

you can find out about that here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_dialing

Back
Top Bottom