I've only used VMWare for Windows 7. Works fine and allows me to access my Boot Camp partition within Mac OS 10.

Thanks for the input, I ended up picking up Parallels 7 because I scored it for $40 through my School's software site.

I just exported my first 1080P video tonight finally and I couldn't be happier. Under 3 minutes for the entire clip to export, where my old MBP would have probably taken an 30 minutes in 720P!

The setup looks good! Please dont post any pictures of underneath the desk if your cables are bad, I tend to evacuate bowels upon observing spaghetti wiring jobs :)

I'm thinking of going Mac with my next purchase. I've been a windows user for 15 years now and feel like testing an iOS based product. Mind my asking how much you picked up your system for?

Ah clean setup, but the cable mess on the floor...I have the same issue...no matter how hard I try, it still becomes messy. Thanks Creative. If someone has a few tips for the cable management on the floor, I'd appreciate it...

The setup looks good! Please dont post any pictures of underneath the desk if your cables are bad, I tend to evacuate bowels upon observing spaghetti wiring jobs :)

I'm thinking of going Mac with my next purchase. I've been a windows user for 15 years now and feel like testing an iOS based product. Mind my asking how much you picked up your system for?

Sorry, I know the cables look like a mess underneath. I've been debating about moving my office into a larger room, but the spirit hasn't moved yet and I don't feel like wire-tying everything down. Anytime I get any free time I just get lazy anymore :lol:

This setup after my student discount (a whopping $50 bucks) worked out to about $2,300 after the i7 and 2GB video card upgrades. I then have another hundred in the 16GB memory I picked up from Crucial, don't get your memory from Apple! If I bought that from them it would have been like an extra $600.

My tip - Watch the refurbished section as the deals are better and they come with the same warranty. They had the 3.4Ghz i7's on Apple's refurbed section for $1899 with the standard 1GB video card. That's what I planned on buying, but waited until the new year so I could get a tax right off this year and they were gone.

I wanted to hold off for the new iMac's coming out, but really needed to get something faster. I don't see the next revision being that impressive so I pulled the trigger ;)

I did get things moved around, but the cables are still a mess lol. Don't look down!

moved_setup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom