New To Programming

MSalem

Beta member
Hi all,

I am new to programming and this is my first post. I also chose to post on this forum because I saw it had the most people viewing and I am looking for some insight. I do not have any sort of IT degree and am about to graduate college with a degree I want nothing to do with. If I spent the next year working towards different IT certificates like it was my job (8 hours a day) would I be in a reasonable position to get a decent IT job? Or does a degree in a computer science hold so much weight that certificates won't matter without it? I'm looking for any and all advice ... I'm just a 21 year old trying to figure out what to do. Please help, thanks.

hmmm...

it depends really...

I've got a degree, and I definitly think that it "open doors" at least to get to to an interview.

having said that, they guy who is my boss does not have a degree, (he's a little older than me as well), but during the time I spent getting a degree, he spent it working...

if you spend a load of time and money getting industry qualifications, then you'll definitely be able to write a lot on a CV, this will at least open doors for you, so that you can get selected for interview during a job application process, and then during an interview, you can really prove that you know what you say that you know.

Back
Top Bottom