Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #81
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: NEw president!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoman View Post
no one can be drafted,a piece of legislation after WW2 guarenteed that
No, it's just that there currently is no mandatory draft. If the government ever really needed to, they could reinstate it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscri..._United_States
__________________

__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #82
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: NEw president!!

Off topic, sorry about this, but I was outraged to see on BBC local news just now that a village in southern England has had two bronze plaques stolen from a war memorial, they had only just been put in place, residents had been collecting the the money for them for some time, being bronze they quite expensive, the plaques were honouring village men who had lost their lives in world war two, the mean b*st*rds!!!, understandably the locals are very angry, the police say that by now they've probably been melted down.
__________________

Brookfield is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #83
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: NEw president!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
Off topic, sorry about this, but I was outraged to see on BBC local news just now that a village in southern England has had two bronze plaques stolen from a war memorial, they had only just been put in place, residents had been collecting the the money for them for some time, being bronze they quite expensive, the plaques were honouring village men who had lost their lives in world war two, the mean b*st*rds!!!, understandably the locals are very angry, the police say that by now they've probably been melted down.
Oh and i bet they got off on mini motos
I hear ya man this country is getting insane honestly right now there is some scumbag racing around on a motorbike or mini moto and its just driving me insane , i swear if i hear them crash i am gonna go and applaud ,
Whats even more annyoying is theese youngsters commiting crime under the legal age of responsibility so they are untouchable ,
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #84
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,556
Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: NEw president!!

Quote:
Britain does have the most advanced war ship at present, (HMS Daring)
HUH?! thats a destroyer, no way is that the most advanced war ship, it might be the latest but not the best, we have 12(going off memory) nimitz class carriers, the most dangerous warship in the world, it takes almost all 3 of your "regular carriers" to match the fire power of 1 of our "super carriers".

overall the US is eaisly better, the technology advantage is to great. we have SO much more aircaft\tanks\APC's\helicopters\etc. we just dont have enough men to man them all at once.

im sorry but head on head the UK would get annihilated by the US
Rudster816 is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 11:30 PM   #85
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: NEw president!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
HUH?! thats a destroyer, no way is that the most advanced war ship, it might be the latest but not the best, we have 12(going off memory) nimitz class carriers, the most dangerous warship in the world, it takes almost all 3 of your "regular carriers" to match the fire power of 1 of our "super carriers".

overall the US is eaisly better, the technology advantage is to great. we have SO much more aircaft\tanks\APC's\helicopters\etc. we just dont have enough men to man them all at once.

im sorry but head on head the UK would get annihilated by the US
I wouldn't be so sure. We wouldn't be anywhere with out them.

Advanced doesn't mean most dangerous though. It could have the best tracking, surface-surface missiles or what ever.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 01:16 AM   #86
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,556
Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: NEw president!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. We wouldn't be anywhere with out them.

Advanced doesn't mean most dangerous though. It could have the best tracking, surface-surface missiles or what ever.
well...we did beat them in the 1776-1783 and it was a mutual draw in 1812, though we kinda declared ourselves victorious.

yes but that destroyer is a sitting duck when an F\A-18 at 20,000ft. drops a jdam right on there deck, and our 12 carriers hold more planes than the RAF. they can hold about 70-80 aircraft, thats about 840 planes that we can put anywhere in the world. and we dont need to refuel for 10 years, and the clincher is they can go about 30 knots, thats about how fast you go when you go water sking maybe a little slower, but pushing a 65000 ton warship aint as easy as a single ton boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
Well the "Great" UK wouldn't win a war against Vietnam and China, so why should the USA be expected to win against Vietnam and China at the same time?

This is a pretty <<<DELETED>>> up thread.

To say the least, no one is undefeatable. There is so much nuclear power in the world, the MAD policy would have everyone killed an not much longer then an instant. So I don't see what the bitching and moaning is about.

Someone attacks "The undefeatable USA" then we blow them away as well as us gettin our asses blown off" Its the same with any other nation. The two fighting nations are gone, and the other super powers are left to rule.

Only the other superpowers don't know who is shooting at who, so odds are good they defend themselves blowing out the two conflicting countries. Everyone would get involved. Complete disaster.

Thats just my take.

EDIT; offensive word deleted, sorry about that mate, I hope you'd do the same if I slipped up, lol.
no non nato force can confirm they have nuclear capabilities, right now there is a very small chance of nuclear war, and the US and Russia is rapidly taking apart there nuclear weapons.
Rudster816 is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #87
Fully Optimized
 
mongoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,021
Send a message via AIM to mongoman
Default Re: NEw president!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
the US and Russia is rapidly taking apart there nuclear weapons.
bs they are!wheres the proof?
__________________
||Intel Core i5 @ 4.1ghz||Intel DP55KG||Corsair 750w psu||8gb G. Skill ram||120gb intel ssd 2x 1.5tb WD Green||MSI Gtx 970||
mongoman is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #88
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,556
Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: NEw president!!

old but true
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/milit...nukes_1-6.html
both factions have over 5,000 nuclear warheads. thats enough to blow up the whole world twice over, were disarming them as fast as we can but its hard to disarm a nuclear warhead without detonating it, much easier to put it together.

EDIT:
you know Russia's communist goverment was overthrown right..
Rudster816 is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #89
Fully Optimized
 
mongoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,021
Send a message via AIM to mongoman
Default Re: NEw president!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
old but true
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/milit...nukes_1-6.html
both factions have over 5,000 nuclear warheads. thats enough to blow up the whole world twice over, were disarming them as fast as we can but its hard to disarm a nuclear warhead without detonating it, much easier to put it together.

EDIT:
you know Russia's communist goverment was overthrown right..
the soviet union?i no that was a long tiome ago,and i highly doubt that that source is accurate....
__________________
||Intel Core i5 @ 4.1ghz||Intel DP55KG||Corsair 750w psu||8gb G. Skill ram||120gb intel ssd 2x 1.5tb WD Green||MSI Gtx 970||
mongoman is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #90
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: NEw president!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
yes but that destroyer is a sitting duck when an F\A-18 at 20,000ft. drops a jdam right on there deck
a sitting duck.
A sitting duck with multiple anti-air and anti-missile weapons (which I imagine are capable of destroying bombs too). yes.
Not 100% sure on that, but if they don't have any defence against missiles and aircraft then it's a very poor design. Which I highly doubt.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
no non nato force can confirm they have nuclear capabilities
what do you mean?
No countries outside of nato have nukes? Pfffff.
__________________

__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline  
Closed Thread

« lmao funny | skype »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0