New Photo Comp Rules?

So to move this along and out of the submission thread, rules on multiple submissions?

I can see how it'd give one person an unfair advantage so I'd be happy with a limit of one submission per contest. But at the same time it would also open the doors for even more amazing photos that our members seem to be able to take.

I agree 100% with both points celegorm. I think I'm leaning more towards allowing multiple entries (if only because several times I couldn't decide between 2 images myself).

I agree 100% with both points celegorm. I think I'm leaning more towards allowing multiple entries (if only because several times I couldn't decide between 2 images myself).

I'm happy with multiple entries allowed? Say a max of 2 per person perhaps?

I would tend to think that a person could submit as many photo's as they possibly wanted to, but only one could progress to voting. Say, the last one posted?

You can't allow multiple entries to be voted on, that would be an unfair advantage.

UserA submits two great photos
UserB submits one great photo, one poor photo
UserC submits one great photo

In the voting thread there are 5 options. Two users have a 40% spread and one user has a 20% spread...

I don't feel that multiple photo's should be allowed per person to be voted on. Submitted, sure, but not voted on.

I totally agree that a total amount of two photos can be submitted in the comp. thread but only one photo can go on to the voting poll.

This will make it fair for everyone competing.

I think that's why there was a 'the last one submitted' rule orginially.

But basically it's of no help for someone to submit two photos, because they still have to decide which one they want for voting.

So lets say, an unlimited number of submission are allowed (if you want to show off your skills) but only 1 can be used for voting and has to be clearly marked or the last one entered will be used.

So lets say, an unlimited number of submission are allowed (if you want to show off your skills) but only 1 can be used for voting and has to be clearly marked or the last one entered will be used.

I think this is the fairest thing we could come up with. I'm down for that.

Back
Top Bottom