new ideas for halloween display

foothead

Omnicide now.
So, it's time to get started on my halloween display for this year, but I'm pretty much out of ideas that fit in with our current display items.

Here is what we have to work with atm:

about 10-15 gravestones
several bodies
lots of fake bones
a few of those hanging skeleton things
a zombie
40 foot inflatable spider
two 6 foot inflatable spiders
loads of web

I know it probably seems really early to start, but most of our stuff is diy, so it takes quite a while to put it all together, especially since we add things every year.

I was thinking about a zombie digging itself out of the ground, but other than that, no great ideas. So, post any ideas, and I will do my best to make it happen. It just needs to fit the theme.

BTW, I will be sure to post pictures of last year's display tomorrow. I accidentally left my camera bag in my parents' room.

EDIT: Be patient, pics are coming. They weren't on my old memory card, and my laptop corrupted them, so the only remaining copy is on the server at my dad's house, which he loves to turn off even after I tell him to leave it on.

WOOHOO! Pictures!

It seems that these were taken two years ago while things were being put up. Sadly I cannot find any of the finished display.

Anyway, here is the spider. The rope is still all bunched up and it isn't in place at all, but this gives you an idea of what it is.

1578.jpg

Moar pics sooon

Here's Tim the victim

1580.jpg

The whole display, about halfway complete

1589.jpg

1581.jpg

So, yeah. The pictures are really bad, and the display is nowhere near complete, but this should give you an idea.

I just found some pics from last year on my dad's camera. Last year's display went up in two days due to me being in the hospital, so it is still somewhat incomplete. The main points are all there though.

CIMG0195.jpg

It'd be cool to get the spider up higher into the tree. Then hang the bodies/skeletons from the tree all wrapped in web. Then have the 2 smaller spiders out in the yard somewhere "attacking" some of the other bodies 1/2 wrapped in web. Maybe one is dragging a body back to the tree.

Maybe have the zombie attacking one of the bodies and turning it into a zombie.

LOL! Love the pumpkin. My cousin had 3 pumpkins on his porch steps last year and he drew them all so they had "drunk" eyes. One was throwing up like yours and then he laid beer cans all around them. Hilarious!

wow...someone goes out hardcore for Halloween. I just do a simple pumpkin LOL :p

Bloody horse head........lol

My neighbor does that every year, every holiday she has a different display in the yard. I don't usually do anything.

It'd be cool to get the spider up higher into the tree. Then hang the bodies/skeletons from the tree all wrapped in web. Then have the 2 smaller spiders out in the yard somewhere "attacking" some of the other bodies 1/2 wrapped in web. Maybe one is dragging a body back to the tree.

Maybe have the zombie attacking one of the bodies and turning it into a zombie.

LOL! Love the pumpkin. My cousin had 3 pumpkins on his porch steps last year and he drew them all so they had "drunk" eyes. One was throwing up like yours and then he laid beer cans all around them. Hilarious!

Good ideas. We thought about hanging bodies from the tree last year, but there wasn't time. I'll see if we can get the spider up higher too.

I'll try the zombie attacking too. I bet that'd look awesome.

Opinions on having another zombie digging itself out of a grave?

Ya one digging itself out, close to where the other is attacking the body. The only problem is actualy digging the whole to put it in...lol or just cut it in half and throw some leaves and dirt over where the legs would be...

Ya one digging itself out, close to where the other is attacking the body. The only problem is actualy digging the whole to put it in...lol or just cut it in half and throw some leaves and dirt over where the legs would be...

Okay, I'll do that.

How could I make one of the bodies hanging from the tree wiggle? That would be really cool.

Back
Top Bottom