New Guy Here, Some Desktop Pics, Computer Specs Need Advice

Whats up guys I am new to this forum but looking at it I am very excited to be apart of this wonderful forum, I am going to let you know right now I am a neat freak when it comes to anything and you will find this out with the upcomming pics I send you, right now I have some pics of my desktop, soon I will get some pics of my workspace and case pics, I hope you guys like what I have to show you and as of right now here are my computer specs:

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.0Ghz 2mb cache (LGA-775) OC@3.6Ghz
ASUS P5P800 Motherboard With AGP 8x
512mb Corsair XMS PC3200 (400Mhz)
WD 100GB 7200rpm 8mb Cache PATA Drive
WD 200GB 7200rpm 8mb Cache PATA Drive
Philips 19in 8ms LCD Screen Mounted to wall
Philips 27in CRT HDTV (HDMI) Connected Via DVI
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro 128mb
Raidmax 668w Case
Thermaltake Watercooling kit (More for Silence then for performance)
Sony OEM Black 16x DVD Drive
Sony OEM Black DVD-RW Drive
Windows XP Media Center 2005 SP2 with Licence
Win-TV PVR-250 OEM TV Tuner Card
Microsoft Media Center 2005 Remote
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Pro
Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner
Pioneer 5.1 Surround Sound Reciever
Bose 301 Front Speakers
Bose 201 Rear Speakers
Bose VCS-10 Center Speaker

This is the most encredible sound you may ever hear comming from a computer, it is just plain amazing sound.

2nd Computer

AMD XP 2500+ OC@2800+
Stock Fans
ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe Motherboard
No Ram (The Corsair 512mb PC3200 Soon)
No Harddrive (Both PATA Drives Soon)
No Drives at all
No Graphics card (Radeon 9500 Soon)

Here are some pics of my desktop:

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

Here is a pic of the monitor I own at home:

24-133-155-02.JPG

That is pretty much it for now, I will be sure to take some pics of the actual rig very soon, my plans by the end of the year is to get a new ASUS motherboard with PCI Express 16x, a new graphics card, 1gb of the new Corsair XMS2 (240pin) and possibly convert over to all SATA150 Hard drives, and this new badass soundcard with real Dolby Digital Live data streaming to my external reciever.

Ok time to ask you guys for a question or two, I want to get a new graphics card but not sure what I want exactly, I want it to be Nvidia for sure, but not sure what to do here? I am so lost but I want 256mb on it, and it has to perform much better then my current card, I don't think that is going to be to hard to find :), and as for the motherboard I want ASUS for sure and want the chipset to be Nvidia, so what does that leave me with? Should I get SLI just in case plan for the future? Let me know.

Please let me know what you think of my rig and if going for the 2mb cache on the processor was worth it or does it make a difference? You guys think the LGA-775 is a good socket and processor for gaming and such, I am always hearing shit about AMD being better always, but what do you guys think? I sure know I love it and I think thats all that matters, anyway I will rap this up it is getting quite big this post.

Last but not least if you have any questions for me what so ever let me know and I will do my best to answer them for ya!

Sounds like a great computer! Is it brand new? I havnt seen a desktop that clean in ages. (lol) Anyways it sounds like you got a bunch of cash, so videocard wise i would go with the 7800 512mb. That thing is going to kick some serious butt!

Welcome to the forums!

hello and welcome!! i am a fellow neat freak here! haha seeing your desktop was a breath of fresh air! not cluttered with icons etc etc.. haha!

I would remove the quick starts from the tray. Having that many programs qued to open degrades proformance.

setishock said:
I would remove the quick starts from the tray. Having that many programs qued to open degrades proformance.

Thats not true, all they are is shortcuts to programs, nothing more, why would I loose performance off that? Makes no sence what so ever.

The system is holding the pointer to the programs in the ram resident memory. Just something else for the system to have to keep up with in real time.

Back
Top Bottom