New guy...

ACARDINAL

Solid State Member
Well I'm new here been lurking around looking at all the custom cases and projects. I'm going to be building my first computer ever for college,since I ruined my laptop I'm stuck with a Celeron M 1.73Ghz laptop from dell to get me through until school starts:(. I'm going to be building a water cooled CPU set up and maybe go for the dual Video card water cooled GPUs down the road as an add on in a Corsair 800D. Im gonna build what I want which is a great machine that will run Photoshop and ect programs for college and at night I can rock out games at 60+fps and I can not wait to get started! Also I've Fixed numerous PS3 yellow lights of death so I'm not completely new to this tech, just new to computers! This is the best forum I found for info after searching for days to find a good one! Have a good one! :cool:

Welcome to CF!

I'm not a PS3 owner so forgive my ignorance... What's the yellow lights of death all about? How do you fix?

Welcome to CF!

I'm not a PS3 owner so forgive my ignorance... What's the yellow lights of death all about? How do you fix?

Thanks! the forum is awesome I've been glued to it all day in this 8 degree weather we're having. But anyways. Its pretty much when the CPU and GPU solder fails and they lift from the board from overheating causing the PS3 to start up beep and flash the front lights causing a yellow looking light on the front, thus it wont boot and will not run. While not as to say fix it like maybe sony would, all you have to do is take apart the PS3 and reflow the board with a heat gun for a while on a even surface and let it heat up and then let it cool for around 20-30mins and 90% of the time its fixed. Some peoples I have fixed still work till this day and some lasted a few months and It can be fixed again but sometimes the CPU and GPU have been separated to bad and is unable to be fixed over and over.

Its really only common in the early models and the ps3s around the launch, bunch of Youtube videos showing it and how to fix it.

My parents PS3 has this issue, i fixed it, lasted 2 months, any idea on how to resurect it and keep it alive?

Oh and welcome :D

Just keep at it, try getting it hotter than what you have been and heat it up for longer that might help if not, looks like its shot and send it back to sony to fix it. :(

Back
Top Bottom