New guy...

sparky44

Beta member
Hey all, new to the board so first i just wanted to say hello to all. Now down to business. I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, but my wife's Sony Vaio laptop just died. The problem is that she has a bunch of stuff on the HD that she would like to get off. I have a Compaq NX7000 laptop. Is there anyway I can piggyback my wifes HD off the one on my laptop? Is there any sort of cable I can buy?

Thanks in advance for all your help..

The question should have on the Software and Hardware part, but it's cool. You're new. Anyways, welcome to CF! As for the laptop...I know you can turn the HD into an external HD. The steps for doing this I know not. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but a quick google look-up should help. Or just wait a little until one of the other guys see the post. Good luck!

u can enclose the old HDD, with a compadible 2.5 (PATA or SATA) usb enclosure, trasfer the files, and then you got yourself an external hardrive to use

as far as hookin up everything, google is ur answer.

i would invetimigate more, but i is tired, its like 1am

well sure, you can swap harddrives if they are the same type and you can always get a external dock/enclosure

welcome...and exactly what everyone else was saying...you can buy a external usb HD enclosure that can plug in a internal HD...which then you have yourself and external DUH!

As for buying them...about any computer store should have them, and you are most definitly able to find one online forsure...and if you spend a few minutes looking, you'll even come across a good deal on one too.

Back
Top Bottom