Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-06-2008, 06:32 AM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: New Guitar:D

Sounds complicated, but you didn't lose me. Thanks.

So then whats with this Tune-O-Matic bridge this dean has?

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:44 AM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

looks good

mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Hm I just noticed this one as well:
http://www.fretstore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1146

It's only $170, but seeing as how it would be my first, it should be ok eh?
It has dean pickups and the same fixed bridge as the dime-o-flage.

It also has a black finish available, so it wont be all brownish like the picture shows.
I'm not going to worry about the tremolo bridge until later.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #14
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner View Post
Hm I just noticed this one as well:
http://www.fretstore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1146

It's only $170, but seeing as how it would be my first, it should be ok eh?
It has dean pickups and the same fixed bridge as the dime-o-flage.

It also has a black finish available, so it wont be all brownish like the picture shows.
I'm not going to worry about the tremolo bridge until later.
So is this a store near you? I've had some good experiences with local guitar dealers if you an encourage friendly competition between them using quotes to get a good price, `cause you should never really pay the retail price but yeah $169 with free shiping looks good. Maple neck and a rosewood fretboard is what I use which is really good, some people prefer a maple fretboard which is a light colour but I'm not into that.

I haven't heard of Paulownia but the mahogany finish looks great and the hardware matches the pickups and frets etc. I'm pretty picky when it comes to colors on a guitar haha so I usually just get them all in gloss black.

I'm trying to help but like I may have mentioned on CF before, I'm more of a front man - vocals/rhythm guitars but I hoped it helped out a bit.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #15
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
So is this a store near you? I've had some good experiences with local guitar dealers if you an encourage friendly competition between them using quotes to get a good price, `cause you should never really pay the retail price but yeah $169 with free shiping looks good. Maple neck and a rosewood fretboard is what I use which is really good, some people prefer a maple fretboard which is a light colour but I'm not into that.

I haven't heard of Paulownia but the mahogany finish looks great and the hardware matches the pickups and frets etc. I'm pretty picky when it comes to colors on a guitar haha so I usually just get them all in gloss black.

I'm trying to help but like I may have mentioned on CF before, I'm more of a front man - vocals/rhythm guitars but I hoped it helped out a bit.
Personally I despise gloss. Ever used a DS Lite? yeah, I hate how that thing feels. I'm seriously tempted to take sand paper to it just to rough it up.

I'd prefer a finish that is smooth, but not all super slick or anything. So I think the trans black should be pretty nice.

No, this isn't a near by store.