Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-17-2004, 08:30 AM   #1
Solid State Member

Send a message via MSN to AWOL
Lightbulb A new computer idea

Hey I have thought about a new computer gaming thing. There is currently a PlayStation Portable PSP released in Japan at the mo and I thought, why not have the same thing but as a pc? You following me yeah?

So it is like the Xbox palm or something and you play all your favourite games like CS, Half Life 2, etc but like the PSP and play it via wifi. It should be cool to have and you could connect at home or in the park where ever there is a wifi connection and play CoD over the net via this gaming palm thing.

Any suggestions on how to get this idea off the ground?

AWOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:58 AM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to moneyman Send a message via MSN to moneyman
Default Re: A new computer idea

One, to get enough power to run HLČ you would have to have a battery pack on your back, along with a computer, no palm sized thing would be able to do this...

You wouldn't be able to compete with people playing on computers, if you're using a stylis (like DS) you can't compete... no way.

If you had a small computer (I've seen some kinda small... don't know what they're called though) but if you put that in a backpack, and load it full of all the games that you want... I'm sure you could find a small screen and mouse-ish thing.

I dunno, I think it would be freaking awesome if they could... but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon...

:P

Old 12-17-2004, 11:43 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

Battery pack wuld be huge, and this would be big and annoying to carry. I would wait until we get smaller technology

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 01:11 PM   #4
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to DarkBlade

That will be coming down the pike soon my friend. Ever heard of "nanobots"? They are the smallest creations of humans yet. Nano means (one billionith of a meter), meaning that it would take 1 billion nanometers to make one meter, which is about 3.8ft. That is extremely small if you didn't catch that. This will allow for pico scale technology (we are currently at Nanometer technology on microchips (now called nanochips) The nanobots won't only be used in computer technology, but in Health and Life Sciences, as well as engineering fields.

Imagine this: You are sick one day, with the evil Flu virus. You go to the doctor, and he says, ok, hang on one sec. Now normally, you would expect him to give you some directions like drink lots of fluids, stay in bed, and keep warm and take these pills to keep down your nausea. But with nanobots, he says here ya go, here is a shot, give it about 3 hours or so, then you will be fine...

Why? The nanobots will be in the shot, and when he injects them into your bloodstream, the nanobots will begin to devour and seek and destroy all of the Flu virus particles, and any infected cells. Then they will go on, and it will take about 30 years for them die. All that time, they are cleaning up blood clots, stopping cancer from forming, helping out your cells, etc. Wierd eh?

Here is a fact: Scientists are almost done with the Blastoplast, a new nanorobot that is an artifical red blood cell with 1,200X the capacity of a normal red blood cell. This means that you could:
1). sit at the bottom of a pool for 3 hours
2). Sprint at full speed for 15minutes and not get tired or out of breath.

This is kinda spooky, so I will leave this subject alone, but this is going to happen (within the next 20 years). Be ready, because you think PCs are fast now, give it 10 years.
DarkBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 02:23 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

CAnt wait till PSP comes out. I really wished that microsoft made a Portable Xbox...
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 04:03 PM   #6
Solid State Member

Red face Sure looks likely

I understand that nanotechnology is the future and that small things are cool. However, when you see a PSP being played multiplayer soccer or tennis you shall think that Bill Gates or someone else can develop a pc type game device.

About the battery, there is some scientists that are developing batteries that are smaller and more powerful (as well as economically friendly) and are run with water molecules. I remember reading it on the BBC website a few months ago. Consider that the gaming palm had similar batteries. The biggest thing to consider is the graphics card I suppose because it could overheat the palm device.

However, I shall not withdraw my idea all together because in the future as one person pointed out. The small creation is the new science of tommorrow.

I wish though that I could create the next generation of gaming PC that will be played everywhere.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:21 PM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to 135791

PSP can only last like 3 hours

XBM(XBox Mini) now that would be cool

power would take up that much

the game would be downgraded bare in mind
135791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 04:32 PM   #8
Solid State Member

However, consider people used to play Monopoly on the pc and now you can play it on your mobile phone. I know there is some difference but there is the possibility one day of playing CS or alike on a Xbox palm thingy.

I would really like to work on this idea to develop a fully working prototype to try out. How could I start on something like this? I am sure I would have to get it copyrighted or it could be considered intellectual property. But would anyone else be interested in developing this with me?

I am keen to get this off the ground, the more that could help the better the ideas I suppose.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:34 PM   #9
Solid State Member

I am interested in getting the idea off the ground would anyone be interested in helping?
Old 12-18-2004, 04:35 PM   #10
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to 135791

you mean you want to build a little like a PDA that can play top games

135791 is offline   Reply With Quote