New car... well old car

standard10.jpg

LOL! Drop a Hemi in the thing. . .

I'd pick a powerstroke over a Hemi any day. And I'd pick a cummings over a powerstroke any day.

sounds like a pretty good idea to me , the cost of motoring in this country is insane and fair play to you if you have the mechanical know how to get the car on the road .Personally if any would have been my choice it would have been a capri followed by a granada which isnt on your list
Or if it where to class cars from the 80's as classic i would have chosen a fiesta XR2i or a VW Golf/Polo GTi

i think 1 restoring it to orig would get you most attention at rallies and events which would then convert into more profit

meaning you could have a summers motoring for free
a car or any age can be a classic, but to get historic tax, it has to be a pre 73 car... a capri would have been a first choice of mine as well had this not come up at such a cheap price, granadas are a bit too new.

The engine it currently has in the original 1 litre, engine from 1956!, but there looks to be, (from other photos I've seen) masses of space under the hood.

I think that it'd be almost impossible to pick up a hemi engine in this country, not without spending a whole lot of money, I have been searching for a big pinto engines on various sites though...
it'd make me laugh to put a 2.3 turbo engine in there, but I think I'd have to upgrade too many other things!

In my first post I was wrong, the standard 10 is a monocoque chassis, so unfortunately cutting the roof off might not be possible...

I'll post some pictures when I pick it up next weekend.

Yea dude, a 2L engine in that would be totally awesome. But at least you've got a mildly good engine in it now. I'd go with restoring it, but give it a totally kick ass paint job.

a car or any age can be a classic, but to get historic tax, it has to be a pre 73 car... a capri would have been a first choice of mine as well had this not come up at such a cheap price, granadas are a bit too new.

The engine it currently has in the original 1 litre, engine from 1956!, but there looks to be, (from other photos I've seen) masses of space under the hood.

I think that it'd be almost impossible to pick up a hemi engine in this country, not without spending a whole lot of money, I have been searching for a big pinto engines on various sites though...
it'd make me laugh to put a 2.3 turbo engine in there, but I think I'd have to upgrade too many other things

In my first post I was wrong, the standard 10 is a monocoque chassis, so unfortunately cutting the roof off might not be possible...

I'll post some pictures when I pick it up next weekend.
I meant if you could get historic tax for them i would have got a fiesta XR2i
however i wouldnt bother trying to change the engine cos it would mean changing the gear box as well at the least
I would restore it to as near as much origonal as possible and try and make most profit

I meant if you could get historic tax for them i would have got a fiesta XR2i
however i wouldnt bother trying to change the engine cos it would mean changing the gear box as well at the least
I would restore it to as near as much origonal as possible and try and make most profit

Don't sell it. Money isn't as much fun as a kick ass car that doesn't cost too much to run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vZ-CXUE9Vg

in the recession though at the moment if you can get a free summers worth of motoring i believe your doing
Root has bought this car to save money obviously so i was just saying he should do that and then sell it . If he where in a different financial situation i would say keep it

Back
Top Bottom