New Camera

foothead

Omnicide now.
Recently, I snagged a great deal on a Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 in Nikon mount, so now I'm looking for a camera to go with it. The problem is that Nikon's lineup is confusing as hell, and I'm not really sure what I should get. I'm pretty sure the Sigma qualifies as AF-I, since it has an internal motor. I also have a Tamron 35-210 f3.5-4.2, as well as lots of random M42 and canon mount stuff, so it also needs to be able to use Manual focus glass (AI mount.)

Based on the chart, it looks like the best option is the N70/F70, except that the flash sync is only 1/125. The other one I was looking at is the N90/F90. It looks excellent, with 1/8000 max shutter and 1/250 flash sync, but it's incompatible with the newer G lenses. Other than those two, the only options seem to be the professional cameras, which are out of my price range and tend to be too heavy to carry around as a backup camera.

Advice?

It turns out my lens was actually one of the older screw-drive AF models, so it should be compatible with more cameras. I'd still like one that works with everything though.

Back
Top Bottom