New ATi DX10 cards out

Wow... nice and cheap. I think I'll still be sticking with NVidia cards for now though.

The 2600XT looks nice, but I think that ATi is very late on the ball. I do not believe it will become popular, simply because there are other, more reliable, choices.

Yeah, I agree. ATI did release these a bit too late, I think the HD 2900 XTX doesn't come until later this month.

dissapointing benches on the 2600XT. beat the 8600GTS in DX10 Apps though.

i think the 2000 series archetiture isnt on par with the 8000 series archeticture. even with all the extra stream proccess it cant keep up. i was also surprised when i found out that the 2600XT also used a 128 bit wide bus as well.

i want to know when the 8900GS comes out :D

The HD 2000 architecture is good, it's just ATI's drivers don't fully take advantage of them. Support for the HD 2900 XT was just recently added in the latest Catalyst drivers. You could imagine that performance won't be up to par, obviously.

ATI's architecture has always been better than NVIDIA, but they always make the wrong marketing and business choices. It's a shame because if they did it right, their video cards could easily beat NVIDIA's.

Ever since the X1800 series, followed by the X1900's and the Xbox 360's Xenos GPU, all their architectural choices have been far superior to NVIDIA's. From the Unified Shader Architecture to the 512-bit memory bus, they've all been better choices, it's just ATI/AMD doesn't implement them well.

Great concept, poor execution. What a shame.

I am sticking to nVidia. Better drivers IMO, better budget cards 'cause im poor, Ubuntu supports it better.

Yeah, one thing great about nVidia is the great support you get with linux.

Also, another reason why the new ATi cards might not be successful is because of all the hype about SLi technology nowadays. A lot of people (like me) have SLi mobos that would be wasted if I got an ATi card.

SLI is way better than CrossFire IMO. I have had experience with both and CrossFire didn't impress me.

Yeah, that is what I said. Crossfire is not that great, and Crossfire cards are nowhere near as good as nVidia SLi cards.

Back
Top Bottom