New Apple Products Coming & iOS7 And Apple Discussion..

BK_123

Golden Master
Hi all, As some of you may know I am a big Apple fan and love iDevices. Well here is an article I found The Changes That Should Come in iOS 7 - Tapscape and this article about iOS 7 which is expected arrive in June The Changes That Should Come in iOS 7 - Tapscape. For those Apple fans what new features would you like to see in iOS 7, I for one would like to see Siri come out of beta and there is many improvements that can be made to Siri, Siri isn't the best in Australia and probably other countries, I imagine it works great in USA because it is based there.

Also no iOS, iPhone vs Android wars anything like that..

Please also feel free to discuss other things about, This thread isn't just for the new releases and things like that..

Last edited:
Re: New Apple Products Coming & iOS7?

Siri seems to work well in US English, and not so well in Australian and British English. It is also frustrating to use in Chinese (Mandarin).

Probably not entirely to the fault of iOS or Apple, Siri has poor local understanding for Asian countries. Simple questions like good places to eat nearby, etc., are practically useless.

Handwriting recognition in Chinese is way behind HTC or Samsung. I am comparing iPhone 5 (2012) and third generation iPad (2012) with Samsung Galaxy Note II (2012) and HTC Desire HD (2010).

I love Notification Centre. I have yet to encounter stability issues or frozen screens with notifications, as mentioned in the blog post.

I don't like to see Facebook status update forced on the notification pull down list. I do have a Facebook account, but status update is not my thing.

I actually use Newsstand, but they should let users hide it without having to resort to StifleStand. They should also organise the publications a bit better. Free magazine should mean free magazine, not free magazine catalogue!

Oh yea, (this rand is getting further from iOS, but...) what's with the number of security questions required to get things moving? You now need four security questions to set a "secured" iTunes account. That's messed up.

Yes Siri isn't very good at answering really technical and complex questions, If you ask her where is the nearest wifi-hotspot it will bring up mostly coffee shops as Siri has the preference for coffee shops and not other businesses, I am sure once iOS7 comes out Siri have had much more major improvements or even in the next iOS6 update, It's strange with the update because technically they have release 6.0.2 for iPhone 5 and iPad Mini but other iDevices still only have 6.0.1.

Yeah I don't mind the notification centre but I don't like updating my Facebook status through there because I cannot tag friends and other things like that, That's something else that major improvements can be made to.

I only have to have 2 security questions I think and there security is just like Facebook's there is a huge process to go through.

30de2yq.jpg

It's still only in the beta stage even though it has been out for the last 2-3 years. Do you expect it show results everytime you ask it something..

I am hoping that when a new update or version of iOS comes out Siri will be out of the beta stage and have much better improvements made..

Back
Top Bottom