Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-31-2019, 02:03 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Netflix Price Hike

Yet another price increase for UK Netflix subscribers: Standard Tier +£1 to £8.99, Premium Tier +£2 to £11.99.

Is Netflix still the same good value it once was? I hardly ever watch anything on Netflix nowadays, I’ve watched most of the stuff I want to watch already and there does t seen to be that much ‘new stuff’ coming along?

Old 05-31-2019, 03:39 AM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Netflix Price Hike

Nope it's rubbish. I watched the only three box sets that I wanted to watch a while back then closed my subs. I look occasionally but nothing new and interesting is on it and now they have increased their prices it's another incentive for me not to join.

Same with Sky. Apart from the scamming BBC licence I watch my telly for free although I do have to put up with the adverts. I actually watch very little television these days preferring to watch documentaries and older content on Youtube and such.

Old 05-31-2019, 11:27 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete.i View Post
Nope it's rubbish.
Same with Sky. Apart from the scamming BBC licence I watch my telly for free although I do have to put up with the adverts. I actually watch very little television these days preferring to watch documentaries and older content on Youtube and such.
I stopped in the free trial because it just didn't have anything worth the price. Pete i, i do the same thing. I enjoy the older movies and informational subjects there. Its free and i have found that even though it says free with commersials that it is only one and that is at the very beginning of the movie.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:15 AM   #4
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan View Post
I stopped in the free trial because it just didn't have anything worth the price. Pete i, i do the same thing. I enjoy the older movies and informational subjects there. Its free and i have found that even though it says free with commersials that it is only one and that is at the very beginning of the movie.

I don't know how it works over there but I use Adblock Plus for Firefox. I get very very few adverts on anything including forums. One or two sites say I'm using an adblocker and wont let me continue so I either disable my adblocker (very very very rarely) or I don't use that site. I know people will whinge and whine and say that these sites cannot function without ads. Yeah yeah I have heard all the tearjerkers. If they only did one or two ads it wouldn't be a problem but most sites just bombard the user with adverts.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Yep, Ad Blocker + does its thing. If they don't like my adblocker then thats just tough!
Old 06-02-2019, 09:39 AM   #6
Golden Master

I have Amazon Prime for $5.99 a month.