NeonFireRant #1: EBGames

yeah about the employees...some people working there are just there to earn the money. They couldn't care less about keeping up with new releases or being knowledgeable about the majority of gaming titles. It sucks when customers rely on them at times to at least know some of the basics of the games they sell but there isn't much you can do when they don't care.

And for the entire EBGames chain, there is no point in selling something back to them if you're doing it for the money. Their only goal is to make money so it comes as no surprise to me that they give you basically nothing back even for trade-ins for games or consoles you bought only a month ago.
But I do have to agree that the prices they charge to resell games and consoles is quite ridiculous. When i went there to buy Assassin's Creed they asked if I wanted to buy it new or used (it was a fairly new release at the time) and I asked what the used price was. Turned out that used was $3 cheaper than buying it new. I was like "WTF? I'll take a new copy then please." So ya i don't understand that entire system.

i feel bad for u dood. i used to kinda like EBgames. even game stop or game crazy. they all suck. my local Play n Trade is the best. there so awesome and i know the owner. what i like is that u dont have to be 18 to touch one of there controllers. lol. or play a game in store. u play it then u buy it. they always have tournaments (next weekend is CoD4, YAY!) and if u have a birthday party there u have your own little oturny in hte back of the store with these awesome chairs and 42' flat screen HD TV's.

What i would do is write a letter of complaint to the company. and u'll get some thing better in return or even the employee fired

i feel bad for u dood. i used to kinda like EBgames. even game stop or game crazy. they all suck. my local Play n Trade is the best. there so awesome and i know the owner. what i like is that u dont have to be 18 to touch one of there controllers. lol. or play a game in store. u play it then u buy it. they always have tournaments (next weekend is CoD4, YAY!) and if u have a birthday party there u have your own little oturny in hte back of the store with these awesome chairs and 42' flat screen HD TV's.

What i would do is write a letter of complaint to the company. and u'll get some thing better in return or even the employee fired
EBGames and Gamestop are the same store.

LOL....I've never had a problem like that at EBgames, they've always been good. Maybe it's just your area.

LOL....I've never had a problem like that at EBgames, they've always been good. Maybe it's just your area.
Nope... as I said I've been to EBGames in many different areas and I've heard loads of other people from other countries say that their service is bad ...

There service is horrible!
I hardly ever buy games in stores, usually order them. But my friends go there a lot, and they always tell me about the idiots that work there....
My friend went with his brother who is a graphic designer at Rockstar Games, and when they got in there, they saw the GTA collection, which his brother helped design. Well for the PS2 they had like a collection, 1-3 or something. That was supposed to be sold as a box set, well, gamestop had them being sold serperatly or something. And my friends brother pointed this out to the worker, and the worker responded with some smart ass remark or something saying that the customers dont know... My buddys brother didnt take that too well... He showed him his rockstar ID, and told them if they didnt sell it correctly he could have him fired through his company, and get gamestop in a lot of trouble...
I can't exactly remember the story, but it was something like that.

And I was with my friend when he bought his 360, and they told him he got the magazine free and it added a discount on the xbox too or something. Well, it saved us $25, but when we get in the car and look at the reciept, there is a $15 charge for the magazine...

So yeah, they cheat there... I never go there if I can help it.

There is an EBgames down in goulburn (where my grandparents live) and the staff are really helpful and friendly,but the one near me are stupid! There games are cheap,but they dont know there own warranty policy,Example.

I Bought a set of Logitech X-530's,After 2 weeks the center speaker stopped working,i took it back and they asked me do i want my money back,or a replacement.The 2nd set had a similar problem 1 month later.I Went and took the 2nd set back and here is what happend:

Me:Hi,i bought this set of logitech speakers 1 month ago,here is the receipt,and the rear speakers arent working propely,can i please have a refund?

Manager:Ummm,No,You have to send them back to logitech.

Me:Well this is actually the 2nd set i have taken back here,the 1st set you guys replaced no problem.

Manager:Well i guess you were just lucky,the 1st set shouldnt have been replaced.

Me:Well can i get my money back or not,even a replacement or a store gift voucher?

Manager:No,You cant.

*And then starts serving another customer*.

So i get home and ring logitech:

Me:Hi i purchased a set of Logitech X-530's and the rear speakers arent working properly.I Tried taking them back to where i bought them from and they told me i have to take it back to you guys?

Guy on phone:Where did you guy them from?

Me:EBGames

Guy on phone:well they are wrong,they have to replace them or give you a refund.

me:Well thats what i told them.

Guy on phone:Go in there,and tell them to ring this number

*He give me a number and i say thankyou and hang up*

I Go into EB:

Me:I Rang logitech and they told me i have to take it back here

Manager:No,they have to fix it for you.

Me: Ring this number.

*The Manager rings*

Manager:Yeah hi,i have a customer who blah blah blah blah....

Manager:Yep.....uh huh......Ok.....Thankyou.

Manager:Ok So refund or replacement?

*At this point i felt like screaming PWND!!!*

That's why I'm going to start buying video games through newegg.

Outta curiosity, does Rant #1 mean there will be a rant #2?

dude i bought crysis for 50 and then tried reselling like a month after and they wanted to give me fuckin FOURTEEN dollars. yes. 14. and that was like in january...

Back
Top Bottom