Need to vent, badly.

Something important thing to remember is that you are in complete control of your actions, but not other peoples. If he's being an asshole and you've tried all you can to get him to stop, maybe its a good time to stop trying. Don't let him have any influence on your hobbies, interests, or endeavors. You aren't going to change to meet his standards, if he wants to be your father he's going to have to change to meet your standards, or if he can't then he'll atleast have to put up with them. If he can't do atleast that then he's just an asshole you live with for the next few months. Someone who makes you feel that way doesnt deserve to have a prominent position in your life.
Best of luck

Yea. We talked about the whole deal yesterday and I told him EXACTLY the way I felt about it and he of course said "well I didn't mean to sound like that". That's his typical answer. IMO, if you don't mean something don't say it.

So from now on, I'm just going to have to be the adult and walk away. Which he thinks is a chicken shit thing to do, but I could care less.

To what I see, it looks like he HAS a Bipolar Disease, AND, to my dismay, it's controlable via pills. Talk to your counselor, but I'd legaly force him to take a Bipolar Test.

Also, should he ever raise the hand, you could turn in for the cops, and then he could be in shite.

Also, you could ignore it, but it could have a permanent effect when you'll be older.

One more thing, where's your mother?

Yea, well if it gets any worse I'm definitely going to legally force him to take counseling. I want my kids to get to know him (long way down the road), but if he treats me like this I'm not letting him near my kids. To return things to semi-normality, he'll need counseling. Only problem is for counseling to work, he has to be willing to listen. In the past he hasn't listened.

I really want to thank everybody who got their $.02 in. Being able to talk to people about it, whether it be in person or not, helps a lot. Thanks fellas.

Back
Top Bottom