Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Need some help

Ok here is the deal. My nephew wants to me to fix his laptop. He has Norton security on it and he wants Mcavee. Well this is what he did on his own

He went to Program files and found Norton and deleted it my shift+delete, so its not there anymore, and when I try to do a system restore it wasnt set up so i can go back. So does anyone have any idea how i can delete Norton and install Mcvaee

TyLawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to mongoman
Default Re: Need some help

this belongs in the software section, but I think you have to install norton's then remove it properly through add remove programs, then you can install Mcafee, but im not sure, I personally wouldn't use either.

||Intel Core i5 @ 3.84ghz with turbo boost||Intel DP55KG motherboard||Corsair 750w psu||4gb Corsair XMS3 9-9-9-24||MSI Dvd Burner||500gb Seagate Barracuda||ATI Radeon 5670 1gb HIS||
mongoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Site Team

Go to Norton's website. I think they have a removal tool that will remove all things relating to Norton. keywords: 'i think'
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
Fully Optimized
Send a message via MSN to tom-knox

I'd say just install norton or 'repair' it to get everything back, you'll want to do a complete install or you might end up in the middle of bad registry. I personally wouldn't go McAfee way, i've limited knowledge on the anti-virus front but my experience with both Norton and McAfee was nasty. Once you've fully un-installed Norton go have a word in the software section they'll advise you a lot better than i can
New laptop:
2.1 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor :: nVidia GT150m :: 15.6" HD LCD :: 4gb RAM :: 320gb HDD

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote