Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox
Post Need to settle a bet....

Don't want to make biasness so i wont reveal the details right now but,

One of us is half French and the other is half Italian i was wondering who do the world prefer??? French or Italians??

Consider there contributions to world culture, food, drink, technology, there effort in wars, the sides they chose and how annoying they are,
Then
Pick either Italians or French and why not tell us why as well, be as blunt and truthful as possible. I look forward to your opinion and if this works i could be UP ten quid by the end of the week,

Thanks,
Tom

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox
Default Re: Need to settle a bet....

BTW, to avoid bias, i haven't voted yet.

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

ummm.. ok?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

idc.
spywarebanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Hmm, I voted Italians but thats because I like pizza.. I'm not saying Italians are better than the French at all.
Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

I voted Italians because all the Italians I know are a lot nicer than the French people that I've met.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #7
Golden Master

I voted Italian because I have the origin there. Although, I speak French, but not from France.
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:25 PM   #8
BSOD

i picked Italian because i'm Italian.
philli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

I chose Italian because I love the culture and food. As for World War II, it wasn't until that Facist Mussolini that came into power that it's citizens got conned into believing all that crap about reviving the Roman Empire and so forth. Becides, who doesn't love The Mafia?

France has great food, but they were such chicken shit during the World Wars. The Maginot Line was a joke...they thought they could just build a line of defenses by the German border and expect to be protected? The Germans were smart and they just bulldozed right through Belgium and smack into France.

So it's the Italians for me.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to connchri

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
I chose Italian because I love the culture and food. As for World War II, it wasn't until that Facist Mussolini that came into power that it's citizens got conned into believing all that crap about reviving the Roman Empire and so forth. Becides, who doesn't love The Mafia?

France has great food, but they were such chicken shit during the World Wars. The Maginot Line was a joke...they thought they could just build a line of defenses by the German border and expect to be protected? The Germans were smart and they just bulldozed right through Belgium and smack into France.

So it's the Italians for me.
Hmm, there was a lot more to it than that. The Germans never penitrated the Maginot line. They went through the Ardens where they we're thought to least likely have went and overrun weak reserve forces then did a pincer movement to the north and thats how dunkirk came about. Frances Military during the 2nd WW was actually just as good as any other. It was the unforseen Lighting war (Blitzkrieg) that threw, not just the French, but the Brits off to! If it were not for the English Channel, we'd been had just as easy as the French.

Anyway, French for me. They have hugely massive companies. Renult, Airbus, Pugeot etc etc. Have the EU's largest and busiest ship yards. Their Nuclear reactor technology are light years ahead of anyone elses. They have the fastest trains, invented the Concorde. They do just as good as Britain, but don't rely on US technology like us. (Radar, planes, nuclear deterrant etc etc etc. Even there health service is superior to the UKs now. To me, they are far far more industrious today than any other European country. Politically, they are strong and independent. And although they sometimes have radically different views from the US and UK, credit and respect to them for always standing to their guns and never giving in! I'm sorry, but even my opinion of the UK is gloomy, here we've lost everything due to, what I'd blame, a work force of layabouts who think the world owe them a living because we won 2 wars and had an empire. They all need a kick up the back side into the 21st century! We manufacture next to nothing on a huge scale. Anyway I don't think the French are actually giving the credit they are due. As for Italy, there country is gorgeous, but I suppose that this is more a sympathy vote for the French as I think there both equal.