Need pasta sauce recipe :)

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
I'm a big fan of rigatoni, Italian restaurants always been my favorites. I always wanted to make my own sauce, but never got around to try it.

I was supposed to go out today, but plans had changed and I ended up doing nothing. So right now im in the mood for some rigatoni and I will try and make tomato sauce to go with it.

I been doing some googling on how to make a nice taste tomato sauce, but there are so many different recipes. One thing I know for sure I definitely would like garlic to be one of the ingredients, love it :)

So if there are any cooks or anyone who made pasta sauce in the past have some recipes they would like to share, please do so.

See ya.

I am quite a fan of italian cooking myself as well and pasta is one of the cheapeast yet most filling meals that i can think of and being a student thats kinda become important important as im on a tight budget lol
Well i usually make tomato and sausage pasta
Ing:
Sausages :slice them small however many you want for whoever you are cooking for usually 3 to 5 per person depending on size etc
Pasaata: Sieved raw tomatoes, if you cant get hold of this you could also use tinned chopped tomatos
Garlic : A few cloves depending on how much you like garlic
Onion : Diced up small
Basil : a handfull of fresh basil or a tablespoon or more to taste of dried basil , although i dont really like dried basil as it is really weak in falvour compared to fresh
Oregano: i quite like the flavour of oregano so put quite a lot of dried oregano in the sauce for myself oregano also tastes really nice as an ingredient in pizza sauce
olive oil
salt and pepper to season the sauce a bit ,

Basically fry the sausages until cooked or very nearly cooked then add the onions and fry those, then add the garlic and mushrooms leaving for a few minutes then add the passatta and keep boiling for about 20 minutes as the pasta cooks to ensure that the tomatos cook otherwise the taste is still a bit of raw tomato

ps. a teaspoon of chilli powder can make a spicy version quite easilly

I am quite a fan of italian cooking myself as well and pasta is one of the cheapeast yet most filling meals that i can think of and being a student thats kinda become important important as im on a tight budget lol
Well i usually make tomato and sausage pasta
Ing:
Sausages :slice them small however many you want for whoever you are cooking for usually 3 to 5 per person depending on size etc
Pasaata: Sieved raw tomatoes, if you cant get hold of this you could also use tinned chopped tomatos
Garlic : A few cloves depending on how much you like garlic
Onion : Diced up small
Basil : a handfull of fresh basil or a tablespoon or more to taste of dried basil , although i dont really like dried basil as it is really weak in falvour compared to fresh
Oregano: i quite like the flavour of oregano so put quite a lot of dried oregano in the sauce for myself oregano also tastes really nice as an ingredient in pizza sauce
olive oil
salt and pepper to season the sauce a bit ,

Basically fry the sausages until cooked or very nearly cooked then add the onions and fry those, then add the garlic and mushrooms leaving for a few minutes then add the passatta and keep boiling for about 20 minutes as the pasta cooks to ensure that the tomatos cook otherwise the taste is still a bit of raw tomato

ps. a teaspoon of chilli powder can make a spicy version quite easilly
^^^This

Except I usually use hot italian sausage. Cut it into about 1 1/2 inch pieces and cook it in the sauce......mmmm...mmmm...mmmm

I just got done making some italian meatballs too.....I am italian btw.

italiam meatballs is absoloutly one of my faveourite meals
and quite easy to make on the grand scale of things

^^^This

Except I usually use hot italian sausage. Cut it into about 1 1/2 inch pieces and cook it in the sauce......mmmm...mmmm...mmmm

I just got done making some italian meatballs too.....I am italian btw.

Sounds delicious, I like a little kick in my sauce, so I might take that idea.

By the way, not to hijack here, but how do you make your meatballs?
I have attempted a few things, that my mom has made.

90% beef, little onion, little garlic, and then fried. < This is okay, but has a tendency to fall apart.
I have also tried adding a bit of bread to them(tip from friend). Wasn't very good.

i usually put a small bit of egg in with the meatballs mix as well once fried they usually keep their shape pretty well

Sounds delicious, I like a little kick in my sauce, so I might take that idea.

By the way, not to hijack here, but how do you make your meatballs?
I have attempted a few things, that my mom has made.

90% beef, little onion, little garlic, and then fried. < This is okay, but has a tendency to fall apart.
I have also tried adding a bit of bread to them(tip from friend). Wasn't very good.

i usually put a small bit of egg in with the meatballs mix as well once fried they usually keep their shape pretty well
Yeah, add a couple eggs to the meat. I also put chopped onions, celery, garlic, bread crumbs, some crushed up saltine crackers and bbq sauce for just a little flavor along with some spices to suit your taste, oregano, basil and of course salt and pepper.

Great suggestions guys! Thanks.

muz il be sure to try your recipe for sure, it sounds great.

I made my 1st attempt on the souse today, and it turned out to be good :)

Great suggestions guys! Thanks.

muz il be sure to try your recipe for sure, it sounds great.

I made my 1st attempt on the souse today, and it turned out to be good :)
Good man. Now that you have the basics down you can experiment a little next time, add or remove ingredients to suit your taste. Cooking is all about being creative.

yer i agree completely , when i started i didnt add that much garlic or oregano but as ive realised how much i like both ive adapted it to suit my taste

I sometimes add other stuff as ive got it to hand for example ill occassionally add a green pepper to it if ive got one in

Back
Top Bottom