Need help using telnet...

Alright, I'm having a rather difficult time trying to use telent to transfer some files from my computer to my sisters computer. I open up telnet, hit o, press enter, then I enter in her LAN IP, and boom, it won't connect! Why is this?

I've read multiple guides on using the Windows telnet service, because it's suposse to be a quicker way to transfer files and whatnot form one PC to another. However, no tutorial makes mention of why I can't connect, other then the fact that the computer is offline (which it isn't) or that it has a firewall on it (which it doesn't, and which is what I'm trying to transfer over!). So, can anyone who has used telnet before possibly tell me why I'm not connecting?

And no, this is not a hacking thread, because most users use telnet most would make the assumption that this is, however, I'm using telnet for the purpose it was designed for. I do not feel liek going to jail, liek the guy in the thread in Hacker Down.

Infact, if you much rather just send me the reasons why in a PM that would be much better, that way no knowledge can be leaked out and be put to harms use.

The ports I believe are open, it just for some reason doesn't want to connect. My friend and I even tried connecting to each other, and it wouldn't work. Maybe it's telnet?

Back
Top Bottom