Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-24-2006, 08:41 PM   #1
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Need help using telnet...

Alright, I'm having a rather difficult time trying to use telent to transfer some files from my computer to my sisters computer. I open up telnet, hit o, press enter, then I enter in her LAN IP, and boom, it won't connect! Why is this?

I've read multiple guides on using the Windows telnet service, because it's suposse to be a quicker way to transfer files and whatnot form one PC to another. However, no tutorial makes mention of why I can't connect, other then the fact that the computer is offline (which it isn't) or that it has a firewall on it (which it doesn't, and which is what I'm trying to transfer over!). So, can anyone who has used telnet before possibly tell me why I'm not connecting?

And no, this is not a hacking thread, because most users use telnet most would make the assumption that this is, however, I'm using telnet for the purpose it was designed for. I do not feel liek going to jail, liek the guy in the thread in Hacker Down.

Infact, if you much rather just send me the reasons why in a PM that would be much better, that way no knowledge can be leaked out and be put to harms use.

JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:58 PM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: Need help using telnet...

If you have a static, try using that. Make sure your LAN ports are open. This one, "Putty", ALWAYS works for me.

Linksy to Putty

HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: Need help using telnet...

The ports I believe are open, it just for some reason doesn't want to connect. My friend and I even tried connecting to each other, and it wouldn't work. Maybe it's telnet?
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote