Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to NEED WOW NOW
Default Need help with my list

If your wondering what I mean by list, I mean Christmas List

So far I am going to need two sets of headphones, one sound canceling earbuds for on the go, and one over the ear headset for quality computer listening sound. I think I'm turning into an audiophile T_T

I was looking at SkullCandy, but I know there has got to be something better. My budget for the on the go headphones are $20-$60. For the computer, I could go expensive as $100. What I want to know, is there anything that would deliver great sound quality etc. for those prices. I heard Sennheiser was pretty good. (I am not going to kill the sound quality with these headphones with an iPod, I will be treating them to a nice Cowon O2 I also listen to my music with jetaudio with BBE sound enhancements as well as other things from my Creative Sound Card, so I hear everything Here's a link to what BBE sounds like, but slightly better:
http://www.bbesound.com/demo/demo.asp)

I'm also interested in a bit of airsoft guns. Being a martial arts guru I would love to pick up one or two pistols or rifles. What would you recommend for a beginner. And, no plastic please. T_T

I'm getting all that and a DDR Mat so I can hook it up to my PC. I need my exercise ever since my old Tae Kwon Do instructor sold the school to a instructor that hardly works us to the ground. I like to be dead tired after a class, not full of energy T_T.

Thanks,
Don't think I want this thread centered only around me, help me out and I'll help you out with your lists. Post what you want, and we can see if we could get a list banged out.

NEED WOW NOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:25 AM   #2
xxcobraxx

Default Re: Need help with my list

About sound, well SkullCandy is not so as good as what you can get for their offer price.

Sony has to be one of the god's in sound.

I bought Sony headphones and they are so good, I mean it's so amazing the sound they produce.

http://www.techstore.co.uk/browse.ph...odLineID=84198

martial arts don't use guns.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

get custom made in ear monitors. Great isolating properties.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I think sony headphones are alright, i never spent more than $20 on sony's though.
I have a Skullcandy, i gave my Guitar (Fender Gemini II) that i dont play anymore as a trade. So far, the Sound Quality is pretty good, to me, its almost the same as my cousins Bose headphones. But his is the stick in the ear ones, so i dont think i should compare them. The skullcandy is good, but it hurts my ears (ear lobe, and the top place of the ear) after about 30-60 minutes. But now my tolerance is starting to get high, it takes about an hour before it starts hurting.

From what i have, Bose is really good, but they are way overpriced.

Quote:
thats what i thought too...
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to NEED WOW NOW

Quote:
Well, if you want to get technical, how about gun take-aways? Alright, the Airsofting would just be something that I would Like to do. I got numchucks that I am practicing with, and will be moving to wooden ones soon, but still.

Airsofting, Good guns for a beginner. I think I'll have a look at that airsoft thread. . . . . .

And I was looking at those Sony's and they look pretty good, but I have seen reviews about it's wire insulation falling off.
I am starting to hate looking for earbuds/in-canal speakers. T_T There's always one of those completely biased reviews that convince you either way.
NEED WOW NOW is offline   Reply With Quote