Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
In Runtime
Default Need Help - Major!

Ok so I'm majoring in Computer Engineering TECHNOLOGY. My friend said that if i have a degree in that im not a real engineer just an assistant. TRUE? FALSE? This is what im taking right now.
which looks really good to me i have a mixture of networking programming and engineering. I'm also minoring in networking technology and computer science. personally i love all these classes. and im planing on getting graduate degree in computer information systems. So idk! tell me is this good or bad? i love doing this and i hope the pay is good? but what do you guys think about the CET .. Computer engineering TECHNOLOGY part

a1sporty15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: Need Help - Major!

I would think it would depend on the job you get right? You might get be an assistant or you might not...

What difference does it make? If you like it, do it.

Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
In Runtime
Send a message via MSN to TitanMATRIX

definitly going to back up jmacavali.

Do what you like to do. I ran into problems with my Networking major here at the University of Idaho. I have to take an addition 3 exams ontop of my 17 credits I'm taking (The exam is called CLEP for those who are familiar with that). I almost had to switch to International Studies because this year I'm going to be really really busy with Air Force ROTC, 17 credits of classes, 3 exams to study for, and Arnold Air Society. But I stuck with my information systes (computer networking) major BECAUSE I LOVE COMPUTER NETWORKING. Do what YOU WANT to do and you can never go wrong.
***Network Warrior***
TitanMATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
Fully Optimized
Send a message via MSN to Š88

It looks a lot like an engineering program to me. I'm not sure what the "technology" label is applying to. I don't think you need to worry. BTW, good luck. You're in for a rough 4 years of schooling!

Oh yeah, just to add. If anything people like ME will be an engineer's assistant. I am a Computer Science major but mathematics, physic majors and anything related will also work side by side with the engineers.
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Technology means it is algebra based and not calculus if I'm correct. You will not be making the wages an actual engineer does, but you will do similar stuff.
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote