Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-31-2006, 12:41 PM   #31
In Runtime

Default Re: Myspace

emo... Another fad, what sucks though... Is that this fad doesnt come bundled with a sense of humor.

Myspace is a good way to keep in touch with friends after high school, there are people i still wouldnt have been able to talk to are on there, and after 3 years out of high school, i can still stay in touch.

Whats the difference between Email and myspace besides pictures and publicly displaying comments?

Not much

Old 05-31-2006, 01:30 PM   #32
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

I don't like emos. But then again i've been called weird because of how much I enjoy weightlifting. Its a great way to get girls, your doing 135 as a warmup and they'll like HEY THATS HOW MUCH I WEIGH OMG YOUR SO STRONG, and they've never seen a true deadlift or squat, they'd be like OMG thats like me, and a entire sleepover in one lift.

Old 05-31-2006, 01:34 PM   #33
BSOD

how old are you and how much do you bench niko?
King of Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:35 PM   #34
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXuS
LoL emo kids are spreading in my town!!!
You're only beginning to get them over there? Consider yourself lucky, they're all over the place here in the UK, and have been for ages. Generally they're arrogant little buggers, too.

As xguynameddavex said though, just another fad and trend, hopefully it'll die out soon. Very soon. When it does, expect to see me celebrating.

As for Myspace, I tolerate it, and don't have one. Let's be honest here, the majority of Myspace is just mop-headed teenagers posing in the mirror and taking pictures of themselves. However I do realise that a lot of people do use Myspace simply as another form of contact with others, and not to just whore themselves over the internet.

As for the person hyping up Myspace because of the band and music aspect of it, that's all well and good, but ever thought what it's doing to parts of the world who have a "local" sound and scene? Because of things like Myspace and Purevolume, smaller bands' music is now too accessible. Now, any idiot who's in a band can just find another band from the other side of the country or world, listen to the music, and say "I wanna play music like them". Beforehand, and particularly in America, bands that started in certain areas of a state (New Orleans for example) would naturally pick up that local sound, if that area has a good music scene. It's not so local anymore if it's all readily available all over the world on the internet is it? Just something to think about.
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:59 PM   #35
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

I'm 16, and i'm at 185... My deadlift is at 275, my squat is um havne't maxed yet but I been working on form lately.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:54 PM   #36
BSOD

lol im about 15 and only at like 130 but I have ben vveeeeeeery lazy lately and havent worked out
King of Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:28 PM   #37
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
I don't like emos. But then again i've been called weird because of how much I enjoy weightlifting. Its a great way to get girls, your doing 135 as a warmup and they'll like HEY THATS HOW MUCH I WEIGH OMG YOUR SO STRONG, and they've never seen a true deadlift or squat, they'd be like OMG thats like me, and a entire sleepover in one lift.
It's just a sterotype for girls to like muscular guys. Most girls do like a guy who is toned, but most of them also think bodybuilders are ugly.

For example just about any girl (or guy ) would go for someone like this
http://s94970138.onlinehome.us/eyecandy/32.jpg

^^^ Soo hot, anyone intrested in guys will go for him So perfect. Or like this, and I will stop now

http://myspace-408.vo.llnwd.net/0010...04426408_l.jpg

But stuff like this is overkill to almost anyone, except people that have a muscle fetish.
http://digilander.libero.it/mrolympia/m45.jpg
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:42 PM   #38
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1234
the reason i probs hate it is because of all the little kids thinking there cool by posting gay backgrounds and stuff. suppose it can be useful
I guess a Condemed: Criminal Origins background and matching text color doesn't count?

www.myspace.com/alvino89
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:34 PM   #39
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer
You're only beginning to get them over there? Consider yourself lucky, they're all over the place here in the UK, and have been for ages. Generally they're arrogant little buggers, too.

As xguynameddavex said though, just another fad and trend, hopefully it'll die out soon. Very soon. When it does, expect to see me celebrating.

As for Myspace, I tolerate it, and don't have one. Let's be honest here, the majority of Myspace is just mop-headed teenagers posing in the mirror and taking pictures of themselves. However I do realise that a lot of people do use Myspace simply as another form of contact with others, and not to just whore themselves over the internet.

As for the person hyping up Myspace because of the band and music aspect of it, that's all well and good, but ever thought what it's doing to parts of the world who have a "local" sound and scene? Because of things like Myspace and Purevolume, smaller bands' music is now too accessible. Now, any idiot who's in a band can just find another band from the other side of the country or world, listen to the music, and say "I wanna play music like them". Beforehand, and particularly in America, bands that started in certain areas of a state (New Orleans for example) would naturally pick up that local sound, if that area has a good music scene. It's not so local anymore if it's all readily available all over the world on the internet is it? Just something to think about.
I just hate there sterotype aww im depressed aww i wanna die wtf and the way they dress girl pants ewwww, a friend thats a girl said to me there represed homos that are to afraid to go outta the closet(sorry for the comment chris) and i lmao when she said that i find it kinda true but oh well its just an opinion.
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:58 PM   #40
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXuS
I just hate there sterotype aww im depressed aww i wanna die wtf and the way they dress girl pants ewwww, a friend thats a girl said to me there represed homos that are to afraid to go outta the closet(sorry for the comment chris) and i lmao when she said that i find it kinda true but oh well its just an opinion.
Actually alot of emo people are actually gay. It's true, I pay attention to these kind of things and social patterns.

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote