Myspace

i think its funny when people set their profile to private... so no one can see, it really shows that persons insecurities.

MarxSoccer said:
I hate when people are all, "emo fags.."

You all have emotion right? Therefor you are all emo, I don't think anyone here doesn't have emotion..

I totally agree, and this is where the standard "emo hat3r!!!" argument is severely flawed. Sadly it seems a lot of the hatred is coming from a minority of the metal community. Granted, their ARE some emos out there that fit the Urban Dictionary explanation for them, perfectly, to the letter. However, not all; and this is where the vicious stereotyping begins. Once society picks up on one bad thing about a genre of music it doesn't look past that one thing, just assumes everyone else associated with that genre is exactly the same. Rather sad, tbh.

However for the small minority of people who actually dislike emo for other reasons instead of "OMG they're sooo depressed and sad", actually have a valid point; Emo, whether you like it or not, has somewhat taken the rock genre and turned it into a look, where to some "emos" the look of him/herself is far more important than the music they listen to and claim to stand for. Some people view it as if it's being turned into a moneymaking machine, taken on by the likes of Kerrang! magazine and also NME in a few occasions. Kerrang! magazine (a british rock magazine) hasn't gone one weekly issue within the last 2 years without mentioning bands like Fall Out Boy, Funeral For A Friend, My Chemical Romance etc; and that same magazine before the whole "emo" thing started used to have massive interviews with bands like Meshuggah, Opeth, Cathedral, Pantera, Damageplan, Megadeth etc. Notice the difference?

So in conclusion to my opinion, yes, emo hating is stupid; and I honestly fail to see how someone could "hate" a genre. But some negative opinions that a minority of people have against emo aren't anything to do with stereotypes created by todays rather judgemental society but rather based on the change that the "alternative" society has seen because of it.

As stated though, in my opinion; and if anyone wishes to disagree or agree, I beg of you to do it through PM so we can avoid this thread turning into a flame war; I will happily reply to any comments that I get sent.

Brookfield - No real danger to be honest, just seems that members wish to keep contact and make new friends on Myspace. :)

To the thread starter; nope, don't have a Myspace, but intend to get one when I get some time. When I do I'll let ya know.

- Slayer

xguynameddavex said:
i think its funny when people set their profile to private... so no one can see, it really shows that persons insecurities.
They can't, perhaps you mean putting little or no info in it, personally I think there should be a rule that they show their age & locality, why hide this???
You might like to know that mods like myself can access the members list, this is handy where members have more than one account, their IP's can be compared, & necessary action can then be taken, also, as you have noticed, we can access & alter sigs, but only after a member has repeatedly ignored requests [not ordered] to do so, we don't abuse our priviledges.

recon 16 said:
WTF??? random...
Don't use WTF :mad: , I've said before, it's considered by some, as bad as the term itself, plenty of other ways of expressing yourself, thanks!

i think theres only two people who have a problem, and what they have the problem with is the fact that there are so many that are just trying to fit the image, i have friends like that too, and when i hang out with them, it takes like at least 30 min to get them out of "emo mode" were their all like " i dont care".

theres nothing wrong with them, but i think actual "emo" is a noncomforming status, and if everyone grows thier hair out and wears their sisters pants, then thats not very non conforming at all now is it? :)

Back
Top Bottom