My turn to be on the injured list

strollin

Knowitall!
I was walking down the sidewalk the other day and felt/heard a pop in my foot. I thought I stepped on something but there was nothing there. It was sore after that but I could walk OK with a limp.

This morning I woke up and my foot was swollen, tender and discolored so I headed for the ER. They took a x-ray and determined I had broke a bone in my foot so referred me to a Podiatrist. I ended up with a cast on my foot which makes it difficult for me to get around since it's a no-walk cast which means I can't put any weight on that foot. Also, since the cast is on my right foot, I can't drive. Sucks!

Cast will be on for a month at which time I will go back, they'll remove the cast and take another x-ray. Not sure what will happen after that. The Dr said it will take more than 2 months for this particular bone to heal.

Last edited:
I was walking down the sidewalk the other day and felt/heard a pop in my foot. I thought I stepped on something but there was nothing there. It was sore after that but I could walk OK with a limp.

This morning I woke up and my foot was swollen, tender and discolored so I headed for the ER. They took a x-ray and determined I had broke a bone in my foot so referred me to a Podiatrist. I ended up with a cast on my foot which makes it difficult for me to get around since it's a no-walk cast which means I can't put any weight on that foot. Also, since the cast is on my right foot, I can't drive. Sucks!

Cast will be on for a month at which time I will go back, they'll remove the cast and take another x-ray. Not sure what will happen after that. The Dr said it will take more than 2 months for this particular bone to heal.

First of all, get rid of that icon. Gollum freaks me the hell out :eek:

Second of all, ouch, just ouch. Now I'm going to freak out everytime I hear a bone in my body pop, thanks man. :lol:

That is so weird, just ambling along and you break a bone in your foot.

What's the odds in that?

get well man.

Im with Celery on that one, wow that is a strange thing to happen.
Wish you the best, and a fast recovery friend.

My dad has done something similar. Just walking down the street and suddenly he broke his toe. To this day he has no clue what happened :facepalm:

WOW! Even with martial art experiance, I can say that I have never felt somthing that would hurt that bad. (Defense and the defense of others)

That hurts to even think about. I was taught to use the joints against someone who is attacking, but that is breaking the wrists and ankles... nothing that I ever want to use.

Back
Top Bottom