My Story...

Well today was the day that my 8800GTS 320MB and my 650 Watt Rosewill PSU was supposed to arrive. it was nearly 7PM and my stuff still wasnt here. then my mom tracked it and it said it was delevired to the front door even though we hadnt got it.:confused:. then my mom notices a black car driving house to house near ours, surely this is someone looking to drop off something, i flagged her down and it was a UPS driver in a sedan. she said that there were so many packages to deliver today she decided to help with this one because she lived in there area and took the package(signing for it) and delivered to us. great service IMO.

well i quickly set the thing up having to remove a custom fan i put on the drive bay covers to be able to store all of the cables. well i booted up everything worked first try hooray! i started to install my driver's looked like it froze so i pulled out the CD and then soon as it was out it said installtion complete and you must restart. probably didnt work but lets resart and see, clicked reboot everything normal. booted up into windows again and as soon the drivers took effect(the fan on the card revved up) my computer shut down. i tried to turn it back on, fans and lights were on for just a couple of seconds then it shutdown again. ok i have tons of custom power adapters that i have spliced and what not so i unplug those items, same thing, unplug everything expect for my video card, same thing. then i unplugged the video card pci-e thing and the video card makes a screacing sound of death so i turned it off before anything else blew up. disconnected the psu and put it up on my work bench and shorted the green wire and a ground, flipped the switch, nothing not even a sign of life, totaly dead.

now i face the choice of returning it to newegg and getting my money back OR RMAing it to Rosewill to try another PSU. i would get 20$ from the return because i bought both products as a combo deal with a 20$ disscount. now i hope to god my PSU dieing didnt fry my video card.

im not really mad just sad very sad :(

on a higher note im 99% sure im giving my old card an ATi Radon 9250 to muz :D

EDIT:
i cant return for a refund so i have to get the same PSU:(

Wow dude I'm sorry to hear that.

You could always send the card down this way and I can test it for ya! ;)

lol j.k but I hope you get it sorted!

Not to rain on your parade, but that's why I don't buy Rosewill PSU's. They're just not that great. Might be attractive in pricing, but I'd rather pay good money for something as important as a PSU.

Not to rain on your parade, but that's why I don't buy Rosewill PSU's. They're just not that great. Might be attractive in pricing, but I'd rather pay good money for something as important as a PSU.

i did really. i was going to get the 550 watt then i decided that it wouldnt provide enough juice in the road ahead to be worth it so i bought the 650 watt combo. worst comes to worst i could refund my RMA and get a new one :rolleyes: but i dont want to pay to re ship everything again etc. i totaly skipped rosewill customer service and went staight threw newegg dont want to deal with someone who might not take it back:)

Thats just gotta suck . Still i hope the 8800 isn't damaged cos that would suck even harder . Do you have another psu you could test it with to check the card
On another note i dunno how us plugs work but is there a fuse in the plug cos i had a psu that i thought was bad and i changed the fuse in the plug and it fixed it again

no fuses in the plug but thats what my dad said, that it might have blown a fuse but im not going to void my warrenty by cracking it open.
i just tested it in a 480 watt 16Amp PSU, my splash screen came up all dimmed but it appeared correctly so i dont think the core was damaged. it does suck royally, im going to try to use 2 psu's the one i just mentioned to supply just the 8800 and another for the rest of the crap.

funny because i just relized my crap 480 watt psu that came with a 40$ case held up against the 8800 for a little while but a 90$ 650 watt 39amp single rail couldnt hold under a little bit of load. damn i wish i could get my money back instead of a new psu then i could buy a 550ish OCZ. im thinking about working for my mom this weekend and seeing if i can pay to overnight it here on its way back.

Never buy Rosewill PSUs. They have the most horrible reliability I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom