My Soundcloud

Kage

Golden Master
I don't know how many of you have heard any of my music, but I've got a Sound Cloud account, and thought I may as well put them on here, and see what you all think :) I'll be updating fairly regularly

http://soundcloud.com/musical_kage

Happy Tester Track, and Fanfare tests are simply tests, and probably aren't going on any album, so listen to them, but don't really take them as anything special.

Synpianical is my first album I am trying to finish, and I have been working on it on and off since 2006...
I can only work on it when I get creative flow, which really depends on my mood, with most work happening at night whilst everyone else is asleep.

Mood Synth is finished, whereas the rest so far are not.

Content Synth I actually stayed up last night to work on, as I got some ideas, and only got 2 hours sleep, because I know if I did sleep, the next day, I wouldn't work on it, because the creative spark would have gone. The comment on it shows where I added parts.

So I'd say Content Synth is around 70% complete & is probably my best track so far

& Noise is around 50% complete.

Mood Synth is the first track, and Content Synth follows straight on from it with no gap. Noise doesn't have a place yet, or a final name, but will be on it somewhere.

Would really love some comments on them :)
It is hard to place my music, but I'd say they are ambient/classical/something else...?
If any of you decided to download the tracks because you like them, I'd be honored, but of course, when they are finished; they'll be even better :p

I'm getting the impression from everywhere I post my music though, that it will never achieve a very wide audience of people who will like it

Dang! Didn't even know you made music. I've got a few tracks on my ReverbNation page too. Pretty much a hobby at the moment working on what ever comes into my head. Had a few collabs but i'm searching for a decent vocalist I can work with and produce a hit or two! What equipment do you work with and is Soundcloud free?

I had a listen and I thought they would be great for TV stuff, like drama's and documentaries. I wouldn't know what genre to put them in but I would market them for TV work.

Its a hobby of mine as well :)

Whats ReverbNation? You think people over there would take more interest in my music? I put my music on IDM (Intelligent Dance Music), as Ambient, but I'm not even sure if it is, and it gets ignored.
So I have no idea where to put my stuff, as it just gets me down when I get no replies, etc wherever I place it.

Can I see your page?

For what I've produced, I've used Renoise which is probably one of the best trackers out there, and a variety of VST's with a Yamaha PSR-350 acting as my MIDI keyboard.
Kind of want to move onto using Cubase, but something about Renoise keeps me coming back to it.

Sound Cloud is free yes, though I've paid for a years subscription which allows for more views, more minutes of upload space, and extra features, but for the basics of storing/commenting, etc, its free.
I like it

I'd like to think my music sounds pretty professional/cleverly written, but maybe its just not right for a lot of people. I kind of thing myself along the lines of Mike Oldfield/Enid (You probably wouldn't have heard of them), with some inklings of Muse thrown in though without vocals...
But it also sounds very classical, as well as sounding electronic.

However, I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I'd love to find a fan base that would love my music, and give me that boost

EDIT:

Signing up for Reverb Nation, but I have no idea what to class it as.

Ah, you could choose 3. Classed it as Electronica/Dance, Ambient, and Classical, haha

It's a great past time.

I was told about ReverbNation a while ago and love it. It's a site dedicated to artists, labels, etc and I also think you'd get more responses. It's just somewhere I put some of my creations and see whats good and whats not good. I'm just really wanting to work with others now on productions.

I work inside the box except when I might bring stem mixes to my 03D to mix there and back into my computer. When I get an idea I start off in Reason 4 then i'll mix the whole lot in Nuendo 4 where I might use some nice sounding VSTi's and stuff. But i'm liking the mixing and engineering side too. I'm still learning a lot though.

It doesn't matter really whether you think it's to taste or not, some of my stuff is far from the norm I feel bet there you go.

The art of getting the most from the site is networking with others.

Here's myself @ ReverbNation. Join up and add your tunes.

:D

Ah, you could choose 3. Classed it as Electronica/Dance, Ambient, and Classical, haha

Yea but you can move between different genres when ever you like.

Made one! :D

Your music indeed sounds very Hip Hoppy. Sounds very professional in quality as well. Nocturnal Movement is quite funky, haha, and I really like the build up in Travelling Experience, with that shaking bass. Least on my Logitech's, its shaky :p
Really like the overall feel of Want Ya Back too

Have you ever thought of releasing music in CD form? Or is that something you really want to do once you find a vocalist?

Thanks for the add, and you are added too :)

Here is my page everyone:
http://www.reverbnation.com/musicalkage

Ha! Thanks for the feedback man. The thing is I keep getting eureka moments and learn better techniques about using dynamics processors and mixing so I feel I could make most of them sound much better than they do. My monitors take a very long time to comprehend, their in the corners of my room and the room itself is untreated. lol

My goal is to do a CD just as a portfolio to present to the media industry but i'd hire a mastering engineer to do the album and produce a proper glass product. These days a decent ME want's about £300 to master 15 tracks.

My ultimate is to take a nobody with a decent voice and make a few hits. This will get us rubbing shoulders with the right people.

Good luck, and I hope you go far :)

I'd want my songs mastered as well when they are finished, but I use Renoise, so I'm not sure how they could master it unless they used it them-self, and I don't know many people that do, haha...

I'd have to physically record each instrument or something separately from Renoise and load it into Cubase or something.

Good luck, and I hope you go far :)

I'd want my songs mastered as well when they are finished, but I use Renoise, so I'm not sure how they could master it unless they used it them-self, and I don't know many people that do, haha...

I'd have to physically record each instrument or something separately from Renoise and load it into Cubase or something.

Yea ME's will tell you how they want their work and it's usually the stereo mix as a .wav file @ 44.1K or higher @ 24 bit. What ever you do don't send a MP3 file to an ME! So it doesn't matter what software you use just bounce the mix down to stereo .wav file. Oh and make sure you give them 3-6db headroom.

What I do when I have most of my stuff down in Reason 4 is bounce each track individually to a folder. So I have a folder full of tracks. Then I load up Nuendo 4 and load each track in there and have fun. The mix engine in dedicated sequencers is usually better than that in Reason 4 but the latter has some great rack equipment.

I pretty much just have some fun with the plugins and stuff in Nuendo.

I'm looking up Renoise now, never heard of it.

How can they master individual parts with only one stereo wave file?

Renoise is an interesting one. Its rather complex to look at, haha

Compose > Record > Mix/Engineer > Master.

Mastering is the last phase in music production. It's like the completed car rolling off the factory floor with finger prints and tape on it and then going for a polish and clean to make it look it's best. ME's use very nice monitors in very nice rooms with very nice outboard to polish your finished mix and make it sound as good as possible. They make your mix playable on all systems out there and will also make it as loud as possible without screwing up the sound. But the latter is causing a lot of controversy in the media world where ME's are literally been asked to make an album louder than 'that group' and it's just getting silly. Like, what happened to the volume control FFS lol! Google 'The loudness wars' for more info on this.

Renoise looks pretty good and you can rewire it too.

Back
Top Bottom