my socket 478 question, help?

Delux

In Runtime
hey everyone, im sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this is my first post and first time on these boards, anyways,

my mother board is a:

chipset: Intel i845
southbridge: Intel 82801BA (ICH2)
LCPIO: NS PC87360

i was wondering what better processor i can put into the motherboard, because right now i have an Intel P4 1.6 ( i know old) am i able to put a pentium D inside?

PLEASE DONT FLAME ME:eek:

Yeah, wrong section, but hey, you still deserve a warm welcome.

Anyway, this would probably be your best bet if you want something along the lines of 3 GHz: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116027 80 bucks, but the 478 socket CPUs have been discontinued, I think, so thats a pretty good price.

Heres a good list of processors that fit the 478: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...01157 40000343 1051707443&bop=And&Order=PRICE

Also, I'm sure you have heard from computer enthusiasts, whatever you do, don't get a Celeron. They have a very small or even no L2 cache, meaning they are a hell of a lot slower than most processors.

I have to say this, but if you can afford it, I would just get another rig. That is a little outdated to current standards. I saved that for last because I realize this is not an option for some.

^^dude where u shipping from

i have a socket 478 and thats awesome cheap(its working right?) and i really want to play bf2 at higher settings then all low but i dont no if my dad will let me buy it off you, pm about shipping and things, and i'll talk to my dad, plz sell it to me if you can you no me better lol plus i responded first....

should be in General Computer Hardware And Software. A mod will probably move it there.

Anyway, I believe 3.4ghz is the fastest cpu for 478. If you can find a decent 478 cpu for a cheap price then it's going to be worth it, that 1.6ghz is SLOW. And a lot of people will tell you not to get a new cpu but to get a new pc, which would obviously be the ideal thing to do. But if you can't afford it a fast p4 should be good enough for you.

I'm on a p4 3.0ghz (though it's running somewhere around 3.2ghz atm) which is 478 too and pretty much any game works just fine. Though of course other parts have a huge effect on game performance but my computer is a living proof that socket 478 is still good enough for most gamers. :p

nic mam, i thought u were using a c2d,im on a socket 478 1.8ghz p4 and i need faster the cheaoest local thing i saw was $100 for a 2.8ghz, but i want to see what zkilla says about that 2.66ghz

Back
Top Bottom