Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #31
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher
Default Re: My School is STUPID

They all have the cd-keys on the side.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #32
In Runtime

My school have CD Keys on the side for Windows Vista Business but as above wacked XP on them because that is what the rest of the network have, so I copied a few down.. for when I installed Vista

"If your going to skate on thin ice, don't be surprised when you fall through!"
McTrAyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #33
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrAyN View Post
My school have CD Keys on the side for Windows Vista Business but as above wacked XP on them because that is what the rest of the network have, so I copied a few down.. for when I installed Vista
HA thats nice I should jot down a few .
Old 08-31-2008, 12:29 AM   #34
Solid State Member

ok im going to give you the real answer why and then im going to go into my vista bashing....

The real answer is, vista is complatale with novell 7, so there forced to stick with xp untill the latest version comes out.

now for the vista bashing.....
Vista is a huge hog, it uses up cpu speed and ram just to run stupid, ill necessary things in the background so that your forced to get a even bigger computer, where if you were on XP you could run everything fine. Also vista is a bitch when it comes to being complatable with drivers.

Vista is only out so that microsoft will make more money. there is absolutely nothing wrong with windows xp, and there is absolutely nothing better with vista in anyway. mircosoft is forcing vista on us by making all new computers come with vista, with out the option of xp, and by making directx 10 only work for vista.....

ok done
bdsmileys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:35 AM   #35
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumthrasher View Post
My school has this "new computer lab", I mean theres TONS of boxes still sitting there.

ANYWAY, they have all these new little dell computers with AMD "Business Class" X2 5200 (or similar) CPU's with 1GB of RAM. Now, they came preinstalled with Windows Vista Business 32-bit SP1, then they stupid formatted the HD and put XP Pro SP2 on there. Now most of you will think that is smart but I think that is the dumbest thing you could do! Vista is better than XP so why downgrade??

Here come the Vista bashers .
my school does the same thing dude. i asked, they said that their servers wont work with them or some crap
Old 08-31-2008, 09:28 AM   #36
Fully Optimized

Well my schools technology is all old and crap so they are still using old stuff everywhere. They don't even setup the computers right. They don't know what they are doing.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #37
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Don't complain. Some school districts have poor funding so you can't really blame them. Some schools don't even have computers.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote