My School is STUPID

Well, they probably still keep XP because it's probably used throughout the entire school board. Heck, if you want total weird things, our schools uses Celeron 400 with Windows 98 still! But wait, that's not all! We have also some Pentium 233 with Windows 95, and some 486 laying around.

Wow, you think they could use an upgrade lhuser?

Our whole school district is running on XP. Changing all of it over to Vista would be more work than it's worth for kids doing internet research and school projects.

XP Images are hardware specific.

They are deploying XP so they can keep the same OS across all computers for support purposes. It's the smart move to do, moving to an OS like vista in a network enviroment is a big change.

Actual its because Vista has big time networking problems with school equipment

And its pretty stupid because XP will become old oneday and everyone will use Vista, I would recommend they get vista because in 2years time vista will take over most pc's and school kids will be like umm how do you use this? so if they get vista they will not ask that question in the future

Actual its because Vista has big time networking problems with school equipment.

I'd like some explanation on what you mean by this? Because it seriously sounds like you are BSing. So far on a domain my only issue with xp is the incompatibility of roaming profiles between Vista and Xp,2000 computers which is a networking problem at all.

My school has about 3-5 different types of computer models. They use a different image for each model, but use the same image throughout all computers of the model.

The school may be 2 years behind on the OS before it upgrades, but it saves the techs the headache of trying to figure problems out with the new OS. When they bought brand new systems for my middle school about 6 years ago, I always wondered why they would downgrade it to 2k Pro. The next year they got 1 computer lab with Dells that had XP Pro, but they kept the rest 2k Pro. Heck, even my freshman year in HS, they still had over half the systems with 2k Pro. It wasn't until Sophomore year that they finally got it all to XP Pro, I think. Now I'm a Senior, I doubt they will have anything new with Vista or I'll be really surprised.

And its pretty stupid because XP will become old oneday and everyone will use Vista, I would recommend they get vista because in 2years time vista will take over most pc's and school kids will be like umm how do you use this? so if they get vista they will not ask that question in the future

You obviously have never taken care of such as a large network. As long as Windows XP keeps on chugging along, there won't be a need to upgrade.

Probably there isn't, which is why he's suddenly shut up.

cdd3f761.gif

My school's IT guy told me that it's because they use the novell client and the vista version still has some issues with the school's server which they can't do anything about since upgrading the server would cause everyone to lose their files that's why they waited until after the end of the school year when no students had important files on the server

Back
Top Bottom