My Raspberry Pi project

Celery

Golden Master
This is going to be my gaming console. After looking at game console the good ones are $200-$300+ that's worth buying but limited. The cheap ones? Touch and go. High risk there.

What bothers me is the proprietary controllers. How easy is it to replace? Or not?

This is the best solution I've found. Raspberry Pi!

After many many researches and reading what they have to say This will be well worth $125 invested in it. I already have the USB controllers, cables and TV. Just do some assembly and away we go!

The parts:

The main part-

Better PSU as recommended by a reviewer who solved a particular problem with the Pi-

The best cooling solution-

A very nice case to put it all in-

And the software to make it all happen. He did all the work and carried the headaches. As he claimed, no hacks, cracks nor trash and all USA based. Over 5000 games covering 12 consoles. There was only three left and I got one. It also included the Retropie OS to run it all. All in a 16 gig microSD card.

Last edited:
The Raspberry Pi motherboard came in yesterday:

Can you believe you can run it as a complete home PC system? 1.2 Ghz quad core CPU, 1 gig DDR2 ram, microSD slot for storage, Ethernet and USB ports.

A/V and HDMI ports for video and audio, built in wifi and bluetooth and its own OS, the Linux based Raspbian!

The other parts are expected to be delivered today. That'll be the PSU, the case and the heatsink/fan assembly.

You can run the Pi as a complete home PC system but it's pretty slow for that. I've been playing with the Pi ever since the original model was released back in 2012. There's lots you can do with a Pi but I wouldn't want to use it as my everyday PC!

Have fun with your project Celery!

All came in except the Retropie microSD card. I can now assemble the Pi. I already DLed the Linux OS called Raspbian (and NOOBS) and put on a 32 gig microSD card.

With it I can run it as a PC system. My real goal is the game console though. :cool:

So what kind of games can you play on that? Does it use the X server? You could use an Android-based OS (Remix or Phoenix) and play all the cool games in there. Even Word and Excel. And I imagine they would be better suited for ARM devices since the base OS is ARM only.

Edit: actually I just read Remix has been discontinued.

Last edited:
No, that's just an OS I'm trying out called the Raspbian. The SD card I'm getting is loaded with Retropie OS with Emulation Station and 5000+ roms.

Why did you choose to purchase the pre-loaded SD card when you could simply download Retropie from the website and load it onto your own SD card?

I think I figured out why, the pre-loaded comes with the 5000+ ROMs, right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom