Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: My professor screwed me over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
Rohan she didn't screw you over.. You were being a smart ass..
And this is the problem with America. People can't admit that they are wrong. You didn't know the correct answer, quit bitching and accept that you got it wrong.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Quote:
On the first day everyone introduces themselves and tells a little about them. That usually has nothing to do with the course.
For you to put down "God" for an answer is insulting to your professor and demeaning to your image with everyone that reads this or knows about it.

But of course God made you this way, so God help us and everyone that has to deal with your bull crap on what ever you deem "wrong".
Let me get this straight. When the teacher tells me that melatonin is a sleep inducing drug, I'm supposed to listen to her and accept that as the right answer. I did that. BUT, when the teacher tells me that she believes in "god" and believes that "god" made everything the way it is and makes everything do whatever it does, I'm supposed to brush it off, right? I find the fact that I'm always told that "god" created everything and is the cause for everything, but when I actually put it down and tell people that, I get blamed for being a "smartass." I think "god" should help you make up your damn mind on everything. Don't freaking preach to me about everything being created by a single individual with eternal powers and tell me I'm being a smartass when I use it to answer a question.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Yes. I told her that I remembered from the first day of class when she told us that "god" created everything and is the reason for everything to be the way it is.

Q:Why does melatonin make you sleepy?
A: Melatonin makes you sleepy because "god" created it to do that.

I find it to be a bit hypocritical.

I was just following the teachings of the Bible.
Melatonin doesn't directly make you sleepy. It works over a period of time to set your mind right to want to be on a normal sleep schedule. I took my Lunesta about 45 minutes ago for insomnia so I may not have all the information down for this.

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
And this is the problem with America. People can't admit that they are wrong. You didn't know the correct answer, quit bitching and accept that you got it wrong.
I said I was confused, not that I didn't know the answer. How is it wrong when everyone pretty tells me that this person is the reason for everything? I'm just making a point here. Practice what you preach.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #15
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
I said I was confused, not that I didn't know the answer. How is it wrong when everyone pretty tells me that this person is the reason for everything? I'm just making a point here. Practice what you preach.
No, if it's a test, you don't put down something you know would be marked wrong... You knew when you put that it would be marked wrong, if you really knew what would be marked right(whether it truly is correct or what you believe) you should have put that down.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #16
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

If you are confused on the question, then you should ask the professor. It's either a lot of people found it confusing too, or you just didn't know the answer.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

take a breather man and think about this.

psychology is a social science. This isn't a philosophical or religious class. You answers are not based upon deep thought or qualifications; they're pretty straight foward.

Though you professor did express his/her extreme faith in God, I'm darn sure that in his lecuture/notes/reading assigments/homework that there is some material covering the effects of melatonin or the psychologist.

You have to go by what he teaches not what he believes.

Unless he stated in class explicitly that God was the direct cause of all three situations. Which would be stupid, b/c all his answers would just be god.

I agree with Joga, the answer is totally irrelevant to God. You may as well have said the interactions of atoms and molecules within synapses of the nerves in your brain or something. <--- that would have been wrong but closer than God
OCZ 550 Watt Modular|Intel E7300 Core 2 Duo @ 2.66ghz|Gigabyte EP45UD3R|4 GB Corsair 800 DDR2|Geforce 8800 GTX|Seagate 250GB 7200RPM SATA|Samsung 160GB 7200RPM SATA|120 GB External WD Passport HD|Microsoft 3 Button Optical Mouse|Lite-On 2 Tone Standard Keyboard|ViewSonic 22in Wide Screen|Logitec x-540|Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
allendale2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
I agree. I think he was being a bit lazy also. Taking the easy way out to answer the question.

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:19 AM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
On the first day everyone introduces themselves and tells a little about them. That usually has nothing to do with the course.
For you to put down "God" for an answer is insulting to your professor and demeaning to your image with everyone that reads this or knows about it.

But of course God made you this way, so God help us and everyone that has to deal with your bull crap on what ever you deem "wrong".
Yep, exactly, sounds like you are just making up excuses for being a smart arse Rohan.
Piss off George Monks = gmcrepair? YES, YES it was.
Yeah he likes to boost his count.
T-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #20
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
I agree. I think he was being a bit lazy also. Taking the easy way out to answer the question.
^ This.

Plus, if I was the teacher, I'd personally be insulted if a) you put that as your answer and b) proceeded to spell "God" with a lowercase "g" like you have been this entire conversation.

dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote