My pot smoking friend !

I do not reccomend that you try pot... I have tried it at a very young age... it definitely isn't good for your brain.

Thelis, that is true, because weed is more pure than cigarettes, Alot of people have told me that one... I have also smoked both which I now regret.

Really ? Thats so strange why do people make such a big deal about it then ? And yeah he has a degree in Medicine. Freakin hAx20r !!!

So many people say marijuana is not bad for you, well the affects of it might be less than other legal drugs but that is not the consent behind banning it. There is a reason they call this the gateway drug, trust me it is really sad when you hang out with friends all day who smoke marijuana then they turn to harder drugs. I never saw it coming with my best friend and most people never do, everytime I would always ask it would be such a simple answer as "I am still me on the inside I just do these to make me relaxed/feel better".

In fact, that is the opposite of the truth. The more you smoke, the more immune to the stuff you become... You will want bigger doses, and then become immune to that, so you will be tempted to try harder stuff.

It is a very bad road to take.

Wow, were do i start! (imma gunna hold back okay! lol) *breaths* heh
First off;
wiki said:
Research between the use of cannabis and mental illness has also brought significant results. Cannabis use is generally higher among sufferers of schizophrenia, but the causality between the two has not been established.[85][86] Another study concluded that sustained early-adolescent cannabis use among genetically predisposed individuals has been associated with a variety of mental illness outcomes, ranging from psychotic episodes to clinical schizophrenia.[87][88]
(yes i just realised wiki can be edited by anyone so i will take that into account but still!!)

Do you(meaning anyone who does not know, etc),
Schizophrenia is a mental illeness... Mental! Brain, understand?
WHY, would you want to be permanently effected by what... 4 hours(yeah okay i never been high lol) of being high, and feeling good, but being stuck, and suffering, plus getting dignoused(sp) with schizophrenia*(might i add schizophrenia is one of the 'top' mental illness's along with bi-ploar that is 'hard' having/going through, sure depression is hard but schizophrenia is X100 i wont go into that more deeper, if you do, want, start another thread about mental illness's)
Also,
Even the experts in the field are not exactly sure what causes it
^- That is about schozophrenia(to add)
Anyways... . . .
*Which is very likely to get when off M-J aswell as on it...permanently, (don't get me started!)

And, Sure the hallucinations when high might seem 'cool' or something but think of the long term effects. Now before you start on me and say there is no long term effect's, yes there is! It has been proven by doctors etc, in that field, by psychologist's, ect etc!

O yeah and V

wiki said:
Reproductive effects
It has been shown that administration of high doses of THC to animals lowers serum testosterone levels, impairs sperm production, motility, and viability, disrupts the ovulation cycle, and decreases output of gonadotropic hormones. However, there are also contradictory reports, and it is also possible that tolerance develops to these effects.[2][12] According to the 1997 Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy, fertility effects related to cannabis use are uncertain.

Research has demonstrated that human sperm contains receptors which are stimulated by substances like THC and other cannabis-related chemicals. Tests have implied that smoking of marijuana could impact the sperm's functions, though this impact is unknown.[13] While many men who use cannabis have fathered children, certain men[specify] at risk for infertility may be more susceptible to reproductive complications.

One study by Zuckerman and colleagues, included a large sample of women with a substantial prevalence of marijuana use that was verified by urine analysis and no increased probability of birth defects was found in the sample group. Opposed to Fetal alcohol syndrome, similar type facial features and related symptoms are not associated with prenatal marijuana exposure.[14] THC passes into the breast milk and may affect a breastfed infant.[15]Many studies about drug use during pregnancy are self-administered by the applicants and not always anonymous. The stigma of using illicit drugs while pregnant discourages honest reporting and can invalidate the results. Studies show that women who consume cannabis while they are pregnant may also be likely to consume alcohol, tobacco, or other illicit drugs, which makes it difficult to deduce scientific facts about just marijuana use from statistical results. Very few large, well-controlled epidemiological studies have taken place to understand the connection of marijuana use and pregnancy.

A study of the development of 59 Jamaican children, one-half of the sample's mothers used marijuana during pregnancy, was research from birth to age 5 years. Pregnant non-using mothers were paired with cannabis users who matched age, parity, and socioeconomic status. Testing was done at 1, 3, and 30 days of age with the Brazelton Neonatal Behavioral Assessment Scales, and at ages 4 and 5 years with the McCarthy Scales of Children's Abilities test. Data was also collected from the child's home environment and temperament, as well as standardized tests. The results over the entire research period showed no significant differences in development testing outcomes between using and non-using mothers. At 30 days of age, however, the children of marijuana-using mothers had higher scores on autonomic stability and reflexes.[16] The absence of any differences between the exposed and nonexposed groups in the early neonatal period suggest that the better scores of exposed neonates at 1 month are traceable to the cultural positioning and social and economic characteristics of mothers using marijuana that select for the use of marijuana but also promote neonatal development.[17]

With all the effect's, etc of mj, i don't think i would want to risk anything with my body, also to add that, if my partner/b/f, was smoking mj, he would have to have a good talking to by me, if we were serious and i loved them, i would therefor care, meaning i dont want anything to happen to them, in any emotional, physical, and any other way possible and would do anything in my power to help them and take care of them, and i suggest if you care about your friend, you do the same, unless you just.. don't want to.
Dont! get me wrong though, im not going to judge someone if they are taking drug's, drinking, and im certinally not a angel myself(fook! haha laugh at!), but i don't feel the need to have mj to enjoy life/get more out of life or feel good(i'll just hook up XD and 'hit' it =P LOL)... but i just don't need mj but then again i would not say no to try, i mean hell, you only live once..

BTW; *Anything* can cause cancer,

I have a cappuccino making machine at home, and I love it. Every day, at least two cups of strongest cappuccino.. One in the morning, one at night. Since I started drinking it, I can accept no other kinds of coffee.

Luccky! Even though i dont like cappuccino lol still lucky!

Yeah meth is BAD. It is basically snorting glass

Lol, sorry i had to lol at that, but yeah true, hard sh__t!

im almost 100% sure that meth is made out of a bunch of common cough medicines

Hmm yum, cough medicines, are you sure about that??

Sorry to the orginal creator of the thread but it seem's to be a discussion going on so i myself are just adding to it and having my say.

edit; that was werid my post went.. then came back.. then the ' reason for editing' is not there, anyways it said i was fixing codes in post.

Plus to add; Sorry if i went overboard belive me i was holding back alot, it's just i wanted my say because this effect's me personally in different ways, hugely

Well, I get more high now than before. I can't find anything online saying anything about it, but it used to take me half a joint to get high, but now it can affect me in 3-4 hits.

And all the things on wiki about marijuana causing mental illness are real facts, however, no studies have really been conclusive. It's true, the risks can be and probably are there, but as long as I don't smoke it that much, I don't really care.

Much rather have my kids do weed than coke.

Well, I get more high now than before. I can't find anything online saying anything about it, but it used to take me half a joint to get high, but now it can affect me in 3-4 hits.

And all the things on wiki about marijuana causing mental illness are real facts, however, no studies have really been conclusive. It's true, the risks can be and probably are there, but as long as I don't smoke it that much, I don't really care.

Much rather have my kids do weed than coke.

dude that last bit iskinda like this .I would much rather have my kids hit with a car than a bus
As for cannabis or whatever you wanna call it
this is how i see it .like all drugs its a substance that aint naturally in your body and by adding it there in whatever volumes you are creating an inbalence and so there has to be some effects .What these effects are well there seems to be a lot of confusion as to the actual effects .

Yeah man, crack is whack.

You should not smoke weed. Your palms get hairy, you lose eyesight, get shorter. In other words you look like Bilbo after 10 years of smoking.

Well, maybe not, but it definitely isn't good for you and your kids. You should try quitting. I am not telling you what to do, but weed is not great for your system.

Back
Top Bottom