My personal transport 1953 - 2007

yeah, thats part of the reason why i got rid of my bmw, im probably going to try to save up and try to get a better, newer one when ive paid off this car, going to have the leon for at least 3 years, and ill probably try to get a newer bmw or something like that when im 23/24, insurance should be cheaper then.. you got a pic of your BM?

Yeah, I would get rid of the BMW cause it's not very economical and the sight of it gives insurance companies a field day, but...I love the car. It's classic (almost), handles amazingly well, the tires grip the road SOOO well. Not the fastest car by any means...it's a 2.5L straight six and it pumps out about 189HP stock and I'm sure I've lost some ponies by now.

Heh, I keep reminding myself to take a picture of it, but I keep forgetting. Maybe I'll get to it this weekend and try using my sister's new Nikon D-SLR camera. :D Get ready for some 10 megapixel pictures, folks. :p

what colour have you got? i only had the 316i, so it wasnt the fastest, but it went okay.. the new car ive got has only got 110, but its a diesel so plenty of torque. i love my BM, but ive got rid of it cause its just too expensive to keep on the road, shame.. but my new car is faster and cheaper to insure lol..

My insurance quotes are as follows

year 1, 1.4D (Diesel) Citroen AX K reg - 1992 - £1400 (3rd party f&t)
Year 2, as above £800
half way through year 2 - 1litre petrol Nissan Micra - H reg (1990) (£700 ans something thoug I forget 3rd party F&T)
Year 3, nissan micra as above (£600 and a bit 3rd party F&T)
year 3, 1.8D (Diesel) Pugeot 205 K Reg (1993) - £600 and a bit, actually it only cost me about £10 a month more than the Nissan to get it fully comp on the insurance.

My bike is a lifan sg-125y 07 reg (2007) (bought in March so it was one of the first 07 plates!) and cost me £600 for fully comprehensive with cover for helmet and leathers and medical insurance in case of accident.

so all in all I currently have two vehicles and pay about £1300 per year for those,
for the amount I use the bike now (it's winter) I think that I should get rid of it, but in the summer it's a shed load cheaper to run! and a lot of fun...

what colour have you got? i only had the 316i, so it wasnt the fastest, but it went okay.. the new car ive got has only got 110, but its a diesel so plenty of torque. i love my BM, but ive got rid of it cause its just too expensive to keep on the road, shame.. but my new car is faster and cheaper to insure lol..

It's a Granitsilber 325i. Basically metallic grey/granite.

How come boyo?
scared.gif

well, ive been a provisional driver since the start of last summer, and have been driving myself to work every weekend, but only started having proper lessons two weeks ago, so might be going for my test in 3-4 weeks, if all goes well :)

Back
Top Bottom