my pc pics.

My understanding is that with the majority of motherboards the RAM goes in the same coloured slots, i.e. both green or both orange and the reason (on some mobos) they go orange green orange green is so that if you only have two modules in at once (both orange for example) their is a gap left between the sticks for cooling/ventilation.

You might find that if you put them both in the same coloured slots you won't be able to boot up tho. If you put them both in the orange slots for example some motherboards will only look in the green slots first and if there's nothing in there then it wont boot. So:
Green Green - Boot
Green Orange - Boot
Orange Green - Boot
Orange Orange - Boot failure.

Hope this makes sense.

seen as tho all are digging at the setup, i'd add my 2cent, my 1st build was cool, I loved it, but not everything was perfect, has a few problems, but one i see with yours is the position of the fans, heat rises theirfore your top fan should not be in that position, it just blows more heat around, and putting fans at the back also puts air back into the pc, you need to reposition your fans so it blows heat out for extra cooling.

His fans are correctly positioned Antdemo. The top two are both blowing out.

Just for the record, the MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum manual states this about the memory:
In Dual-Channel mode, make sure that you install memory modules of the same type and density in different channel DIMM slots.
That would mean one stick in a yellow slot (DIMM1) and one stick in a green slot (DIMM3), or DIMM2 and DIMM4 as he has them. :D

i believe i have the fans right. the top and back go out and the heatsink is going up. thats what the manuel said.
and thank you atomic, i looked it up in my mobo guide and it does say for them to be in different channel DIMM slots. thank you for looking that up, so it is fine how it is. but it also does say to enable successful bootup put ram into the DIMM1 first, but i cant do that. it boots up fine anyway.

How come you don't have two cable management holes like I do? I'm not trying to put you down or anything. I just thought all the new, revision 2 Antec cases came with those.

you know mine is a mid 300 right. but idk why, maybe its because the 900 is more of a gaming case so they made it more to have cable management. my case does have a clear side, so no one can see it anyway

Back
Top Bottom