My mouse just gave up on me....

superman22x

Golden Master
So, I was scrolling around with my scroll wheel, and all of a sudden, the clicking is gone, and it no longer scrolls... Seems like a piece fell out of it or something... I can click with the wheel, but it just spins freely now... Kinda sucks, w/e, it was a $1 mouse, lol. Time to upgrade to a $2 mouse off newegg now I guess, lol.

I know, lol. It was a rosewill laser mouse. I had a ball mouse before, so it was better then that, lol. I am really broke right now though... Prom... And 16mpg...

So, I was scrolling around with my scroll wheel, and all of a sudden, the clicking is gone, and it no longer scrolls.

I don't consider that a big deal. I don't like the wheel on mine, and even though I was able to turn off scrolling, I can't find anything to turn off the clicking.

I use the scroll wheel all the time surfing the net... Now I have to get used to middle clicking and moving the mouse. And it seems like the buttons have gotten worse now that I was picking around the mouse seeing if I can fix it, lol. W/e, when I get the money for a new one, Ill break this one open with a hammer, lol.

well the best thing i do for a troubled mouse.

if it's an optical mouse : check the batteries

if it's a regular mouse : try taking out the ball from it and gently cleaning it, then clean the inside chamber area where the ball sits.

next if that don't work : just un-install the driver for it in devise manager, then reboot.

when widows loads back up, it will re-install the driver for you and should fix the problem.

Back
Top Bottom