Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to -Paul- Send a message via MSN to -Paul-
Default by my mom's request...

well im going to boarding school next year, and right now while im home she wants me to help my younger brother and guide him in the right direction... like a lot of moms... well she wants me to find something that is free that monitors my brothers AIM conversations... but there is a catch... my brother cant know that he is being watched...

this is not a pointless post... my mom wanted me to find a AIM LOGGER and when i googled it, alot of them you have to pay for... so im asking people if they know of one...

-Paul- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:55 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to BigLu
Default Re: by my mom's request...

umm, that's a really really bad idea, your brother is going to get into allll sorts of trouble. I'm not saying he's a bad guy, i'm just saying that because of the nature of people and what conversations will happen, stuff is bound to go awry.

BigLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:26 AM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

If you mom wants to, then it's for a reason. Although we're all young and adolescent, we think it's invasion of privacy and all, but it's really your parents just caring for you.

I don't know of any, but AIM Triton has a built-in feature that saves all your previous conversations until you sign off.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:38 AM   #4
Daemon Poster

pcblood hound monitors every thing your bro is doing but its $29.99
Old 03-22-2006, 12:39 AM   #5
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon 16
well im going to boarding school next year, and right now while im home she wants me to help my younger brother and guide him in the right direction... like a lot of moms... well she wants me to find something that is free that monitors my brothers AIM conversations... but there is a catch... my brother cant know that he is being watched...

this is not a pointless post... my mom wanted me to find a AIM LOGGER and when i googled it, alot of them you have to pay for... so im asking people if they know of one...

I don't know of one, except for Net Nanny but that isn't free.

Anyways, tell your mom she is crazy and is invading his privacy. Alvino, I know she wants his little bro in the right direction and cares, but I don't think saving AIM conversations is going to help, AT ALL. We all know the conversations that errupt in AIM and messengers. They can be good, bad, and.... others... lol
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:53 AM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

True, but you have to think about what your parents are thinking. Either way, it's always like this. They try to do anything to protect you, even by invading your privacy, and you get pissed off because of it. In the end, you have to understand that they'll get over it and eventually let go. That happened to me. Once I got into high school, my parents were so much lenient towards what I did and when I did things.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:06 AM   #7
BSOD

I'm happy my mom doesn't do shit like that!
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:19 AM   #8
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

Get trillian Instant Messenger. It automatically saves every conversation for later use. You mother will be able to look at his account by having him sign in, then she can just look at his stuff. It's a very simple method, plus, it allows you to see when messages were sent, who they were sent to and from, if you ever sent a song, picture or some other type of file.
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:20 AM   #9
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

Frankly spying on him will do no good. It will make him mad and upset and most likely he'll crack it and remove it then with a big simle look at you and slap you. What i'd do. The nature of IM is such that if parents knew what wetn on most kids would get in trouble. I mean its pure and simple, most kids would get in trouble. So just tell her you don't know how to do it. Also if she has a problem with that, you can direct her to me. I hate nosy parents like that.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:24 AM   #10
kev
In Runtime

good thing i have compleat control of my computer but im also 18 so it doesnt really matter

Sound Card - Creative Labs Audigy 2 Value
Harddrives - Seagate 300GB SATA150 / WD 120gb 3DMark03 Score- 8685 3DMark05 Score - 3392 AquaMark3 Score - 52,275
kev is offline   Reply With Quote