My knife defeats this idea *link thread*

Doubt it... it has a frame. Have you seen what happens to body panels when a car is in a crash? They are engineered to crush under small force to let the frame take care of things.

That's why some fender benders look like fatal crashes with the hood all squished up and stuff. Although with such a complex frame it will be difficult to engineer... If you tell that to a German though he'll just say "nein!"

And in today's world, if you are hit my a semi in any passenger car or roadster for that matter, you might as well bend over and kiss your butt goodbye anyway.

lets say they could actually make that kind of frame, how would they make it affordable?

it just doesnt seem realistic

I don't see how the thing is "amazing"....

Just because its something new and different with trippy music in the background, doesn't make it amazing.

It really does, though. It's very revolutionary. In addition of having a car that suits many different desires visually, you have an added perspective that perhaps only I and maybe a couple more members are seeing.

First of all, it's light. So you save gas, go faster, turn faster, brake faster, etc. Pretty obvious.

But think about it more in the motorsports realm, let's dive in a little deeper.
If this was used in motorsports, which most of the technology flows the other way... race cars -> passenger cars, you have a unique situation. It's been done before in a very limited fashion, but look how this opens up many many more possibilities. You can change you whole aerodynamic profile in seconds. It can be done in preparation, say wider wheel arches for wider wheels on a complex track, or more spoiler and front splitter for greater downforce, vents in the hood if it's getting a little hot, the list goes on and on. All at the press of a button. Would make for some rather interesting races.

Yeah, I get that part. It just.... I don't know... Dosen't seem very realistic yet.

It isn't. But I'd be willing to bet my life savings if anyone can find a way, it's the Germans.

Back
Top Bottom