Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-09-2006, 03:59 AM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default My Job

Update on my job

Well I don’t know if anyone here remembers my thread about me considering to leave my job at canon, well I just thought id let everyone know that well, I left. However im still at Canon. Hahah let me explain!

Well, I was getting treated really badly at Canon. I was the network administrator and for everything that went wrong, I was getting yelled on and treated really badly about.

One incident was when we had a power surge and ALL the servers shorted out as a result of it. There was massive problems at work. Anyways I was yelled on saying why all their data was nearly compromised (thank goodness for the backups!) I didn’t hesitate to remind them that I kept on insisting we get backup generators incase something like this did happen. Well I had had enough so I handed in my resignation and I left.

Anyways I had been offered 2 other jobs while all that crap at Canon was happening. One at Qantas (the airline) and one at Fairfax Digital(the media group incharge of newspapers in sydney). I took the one at Fairfax because it offered more pay and was closer to home. Fairfax was a lovely place for a while until a certain incident occured which left me really shook up. Some bosses are just really sick people....

Well, while I was at Fairfax, Canon was asking/begging me to return. They offered me more money and better hours, and they said that all the yelling and shouting would stop. Well after that stuff happened at Fairfax, I left and went back to canon. Best move ever, ive been back for a bit now and im loving it. Its like a little family of network geeks and I can bludge quite a bit too. Im back with my friends and the bosses are all nice ahaha.

Plus I can get HUGE discounts on their beautiful cameras!

I love Canon =) and my job as network admin!!

Old 02-09-2006, 05:28 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: My Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya
Update on my job

Well I donít know if anyone here remembers my thread about me considering to leave my job at canon, well I just thought id let everyone know that well, I left. However im still at Canon. Hahah let me explain!
Haha that confusing but then again, i guess they begged on thier knees for you to come back!

Old 02-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
Baseband Member

man im glad you love your job. i can only say i hope i get in the same kind of situation you are in.
C.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:10 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya
Fairfax was a lovely place for a while until a certain incident occured which left me really shook up. Some bosses are just really sick people....
Wtf? o.O Do I wanna know what happened?

And happy you got your job, I guess o.O

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #5
Daemon Poster

Im a dsl technician for qwest and msn...kinda sux
burton_o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:39 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox

I don't have a job lol I'm trying to find a Test Site to Get A+ Certified so I can get me a freelance Technician Business goin or something

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #7
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

Yea when I quit BK they begged me to come back. However its not on the same level. I didn't come back due to a time constrant on my hours. Somtimes if your a really good employee to get better pay/hours you need to quit it somtimes work.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:01 PM   #8
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to ~K-Pow~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~K-Pow~

I work for an Industrial Electrical Company called Capetech Inc. Mostly doing PLC and HMI programming.

Home Computer: Dell inspiron 2200, 1.66 GHZ processor, 80 gig harddrive, 512mb ram, cd/dvd rom, wireless network card.
~K-Pow~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

Sounds like it has all worked out in the end, I had to move to the States and back again for my career to finally kick into place

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to macbook

Now you can get me more discounts!