My guitar amp died, suggestions?

Holysky

Fully Optimized
My Line 6 Spider IV died yesterday, my budget is 375 no over, im looking to create my own sound this time, and not using a modeling amp with a ton of effects. I play a lot of KoRn and they use a Mesa Boogie Triple Recto which is clearly out of my budget.

What i need in an amp.

Louder then a Drummer
Distortion
and good Cleans

Peavey makes some decent Tube Amplifiers in my price range, i have to demo them next time I'm at Guitar Center.

That's just from what i hear cboucher, id have to try them out myself. The sales rep says their not good for Heavy Metal, yet i don't think KoRn is heavy metal at all, i used 6 Gain and Bass and 4 mid 9 treble and it sounded relatively close.

That was Rohan, that lucky bast*rd.

Their expensive and i heard the MG solid state combo amps are the suck.

=)

I hope you're kidding. Marshall is one of the leading companies for Solid State AND Tube amps.

Peavey makes some decent Tube Amplifiers in my price range, i have to demo them next time I'm at Guitar Center.

That's just from what i hear cboucher, id have to try them out myself. The sales rep says their not good for Heavy Metal, yet i don't think KoRn is heavy metal at all, i used 6 Gain and Bass and 4 mid 9 treble and it sounded relatively close.

Most of the people at Guitar Center don't know shit. That guy shouldn't be helping people if he is saying Marshall amps aren't good for metal.

Too bad you missed the sale where they were selling triple rec Mesa Boogie cabinet with heads for about $350.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG-Series-MG15FXMSDM-Dave-Mustaine-Megastack-430453-i1530543.gc

Tube amps aren't good for bedroom playing. They only sound best when they are turned up and really lack at lower volumes.

Back
Top Bottom