Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-26-2010, 02:44 AM   #1
Daemon Poster
 
GhostGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,019
Angry My fraternity is retarded.

Our national headquarters of the professional frat I'm in has sent an e-mail out, indicating that the phrases "Pledgemaster" and "Pledges" cannot be used anymore.

I love their timing, especially since I am the pledgemaster of the fraternity this semester. (Bastards)

Being that last semester, my Greek frat had no problems with the phrasing, I'm trying to change the minds of the professional frat and see if I can keep the title.

Nonetheless, they want to change my title to "Recruitment," which sounds ridiculous and does NOT reflect any of the power and responsibility of the actual position of Pledgemaster. If any of you have ANY experience with fraternities, you know exactly what I mean.

(Short break... I realize that many non-fraternal people may not find this interesting, but hang in there)

Can you guys help me think of any awesome and worthy titles that I can suggest instead? Something that truly doesn't degrade the position of Pledgemaster, and sounds legit.

Throw out any ideas. I'm wide awake and having more coffee.
Woopdeedoo...


Cheers,

Pledgemaster Christopher
__________________

__________________
Intel Q6600 @ 3204Mhz ~ Tuniq Tower 120 ~Corsair XMS2 5GB ~ WD VelociRaptor 150GB Main ~ WD 1TB Black ~ EVGA 8800GTS 640MB ~ 7 Home Premium (64-Bit)
GhostGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:13 AM   #2
Site Team
 
Lowndsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,607
Default Re: My fraternity is retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostGT View Post
Our national headquarters of the professional frat I'm in has sent an e-mail out, indicating that the phrases "Pledgemaster" and "Pledges" cannot be used anymore.

I love their timing, especially since I am the pledgemaster of the fraternity this semester. (Bastards)

Being that last semester, my Greek frat had no problems with the phrasing, I'm trying to change the minds of the professional frat and see if I can keep the title.

Nonetheless, they want to change my title to "Recruitment," which sounds ridiculous and does NOT reflect any of the power and responsibility of the actual position of Pledgemaster. If any of you have ANY experience with fraternities, you know exactly what I mean.

(Short break... I realize that many non-fraternal people may not find this interesting, but hang in there)

Can you guys help me think of any awesome and worthy titles that I can suggest instead? Something that truly doesn't degrade the position of Pledgemaster, and sounds legit.

Throw out any ideas. I'm wide awake and having more coffee.
Woopdeedoo...


Cheers,

Recruitment Officer Christopher
FIXED :
__________________

__________________
JogaBonito1502: I guess Microsoft is really not to blame. Sorry!

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:17 AM   #3
Golden Master
 
sniperviper21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 5,438
Default Re: My fraternity is retarded.

personally, i dont see the big hub bub of frat houses or sororities.

sounds almost like real life guilds from WoW if you ask me.

You could be Supreme Master Chris lol
__________________
You got to have a Fiddle in the band!
sniperviper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:20 AM   #4
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: My fraternity is retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
personally, i dont see the big hub bub of frat houses or sororities.

sounds almost like real life guilds from WoW if you ask me.

You could be Supreme Master Chris lol
More or less.

I don't think you could pay me to be in one.
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L – ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:35 AM   #5
Daemon Poster
 
GhostGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,019
Default Re: My fraternity is retarded.

While I thank you all for being so awesome ( ) and offering kind words toward fraternities, let me remind you that professional fraternities are organizations that carry the "frat" title, and usually nothing more. Don't mix up professional fraternities with Greek fraternities. They're two very different worlds, as I can tell you first-hand.

Now, back to the topic. How about Duke Christopher?
__________________
Intel Q6600 @ 3204Mhz ~ Tuniq Tower 120 ~Corsair XMS2 5GB ~ WD VelociRaptor 150GB Main ~ WD 1TB Black ~ EVGA 8800GTS 640MB ~ 7 Home Premium (64-Bit)
GhostGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: My fraternity is retarded.

Captain Chris?

What kind of frat is yours then?
I don't think I ever want to join one of the ones around here. I've been to a lot of them, some are nice, some are crap. But they all have $3 cups... lmao.
The Sigma Pi (Pigma Sty) frat is the one I've been to most, and by the nickname, you can guess how nice it is...
__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: My fraternity is retarded.

Master of Pledge?

BAHAHAHA.

Officer of Awesomeness
Master of Awesomeness
Dr. Awesome
? I'm all out of bad ideas...
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #8
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: My fraternity is retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
Dr. Awesome
I second this, haha.
__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #9
Daemon Poster
 
GhostGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,019
Default Re: My fraternity is retarded.

Haha, Dr. Awesome. I'll throw that suggestion in.


Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
Captain Chris?

What kind of frat is yours then?
I don't think I ever want to join one of the ones around here. I've been to a lot of them, some are nice, some are crap. But they all have $3 cups... lmao.
The Sigma Pi (Pigma Sty) frat is the one I've been to most, and by the nickname, you can guess how nice it is...
The one I'm talking about in this thread is my professional fraternity, not my Greek fraternity. Sigma Pi, if I'm not mistaken, is a Greek fraternity that you're referring to. And yeah, we've all got nicknames for each other.

Hell, I'll throw some out since I'm skipping class today:

Lambda Chi: Rammed a Guy
ZBT: Zero Bitches There
Tri Delt: Try-a-Delt
Alpha Phi: All for free
SAE: Sexual Assaults Everyday

Hilarious stuff.
But again, the one I'm talking about is a professional fraternity, which is basically a club or organization with some aspects of the fraternal life.
__________________
Intel Q6600 @ 3204Mhz ~ Tuniq Tower 120 ~Corsair XMS2 5GB ~ WD VelociRaptor 150GB Main ~ WD 1TB Black ~ EVGA 8800GTS 640MB ~ 7 Home Premium (64-Bit)
GhostGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: My fraternity is retarded.

I never really got the point of them..
I mean I get "clubs", like chess club bike club, nasa club; that sort of thing.
But isn't this sort of thing just a "brotherhood" if you will?
Just a bunch of guys in a non-violent frat boy gang lol?

But anyway as per your request:

Master <name>
Leader <name>
President <name>
Pledge Master <name> (Take note that there is a space! )
Jedi <name>
<name>walker
Prince <name>
King <name>
Alpha Male <name>
Fratleader <name>
__________________

__________________
Everyone's Favorite Turd xD
ET: "Phone home!"
Geek: "ping 127.0.0.1"

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0