My Favorite Browser

MacGirl

In Runtime
PayPal warns customers to stay away from Safari.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20080228/tc_infoworld/95634

"Apple, unfortunately, is lagging behind what they need to do, to protect their customers," Barrett said in an interview. "Our recommendation at this point, to our customers, is use Internet Explorer 7 or 8 when it comes out, or Firefox 2 or Firefox 3, or indeed Opera."

Safari is the default browser on Apple's Macintosh computers and the iPhone, but it is also*available for the PC. Both Firefox and Opera run on the Mac.

Unlike its competitors, Safari has no built-in phishing filter to warn users when they are visiting suspicious Web sites, Barrett said. Another problem is Safari's lack of support for another anti-phishing technology, called*Extended Validation*(EV) certificates. This is a secure Web browsing technology that turns the address bar green when the browser is visiting a legitimate Web site.

If thats indeed true, switch. Whats the point being fan...girlish? About something that may not be protecting you enough?
I'd move straight away if that was a real warning, though it might not be.

At least until they did make those changes.

Anti-phishing protection? Pfft... if you're careful, you won't need to use it anyway. Don't click links to paypal in emails, always type paypal.com, etc. etc. I don't like or use Safari but if you want to keep using it, it's not like it's that bad without said protection as long as you surf responsibly.

I like Firefox. For some reason, IE keeps on crashing whilst using pre SPI Vista.

FF All the way. I hate IE. I can't get it off my computer! I've done everything I could but it's still there for some reason. Every time I click on the link on msn to check email there it opens up to IE. I know it's because it's default, but when I uninstalled it (or at least thought I did) shouldn't it have changed to FF? Sorry, this completely off topic. Point is, I like FF and you should use that.

Unless you have an IQ of < 10 you don't need a massive popup tellin you that fakeebay.cz isn't the real thing and that you should enter your credit card info and passwords there.

Unless you have an IQ of < 10 you don't need a massive popup tellin you that fakeebay.cz isn't the real thing and that you should enter your credit card info and passwords there.

Lovely quote. +1. Actually I don't know why, but I cracked up while I read this...

It is true though. Ebay knows that there are people using their service, who aren't tech savy, and I just find that a real shame

Back
Top Bottom