My computer just crapped out :(

This is why PS/2 ports are still good to have granted you have a keyboard and mouse to lug into them... I don't rely on USB for my keyboard, just PS/2, and I have a converted foir my USB mouse... You could keep a cheapo backup keyboard/mouse for cases like this. I know...I know, you have to suffer with a lame PS/2 mouse and keyboard for a little bit in that case. :rolleyes: As opposed to your tiny 17" LCD...lol

I can understand keeping the keyboard on PS/2, but not the mouse. I have 5 buttons on my mouse, so it's better to use USB.
Those two extras wont work with PS/2>USB adapters. It's not a bad idea for keyboard as well if you want it register all keys at once.. most PS/2 keyboards have a limit to the number of keys that can be pressed at any given time.. but there are few games that make that a problem.

Just keep two adapters handy for both the mouse and keyboard if you ever need to use PS/2 for some reason.
It grounds it. USB ports somehow tend to build up a static charge that can make them stop working By holding the power button you are discharging the capacitors, and by touching it you are giving that current a place to go.

IT trick? Possibly. It's actually something I learned from Dell. Freaky huh?

Nice celegorm, I'll give that a shot on a box I have thats been finicky about USB.

the computer is obviously mad at you for not having given it tolerable internet connection for so long. its unleashing its wrath.

wait...celegorm, so you push the USB slots outward forcefully while holding the power button?

o_0 DELL?!

What are you doing here anyway?

Yeah, my laptop is the same way.
I dont use it for like 2 weeks then when I got to use it it randomly tipes F's and the start button and its impossible to stop.

Back
Top Bottom