My Christmas Gift

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
So my christmas gift should arrive today. I've convinced my wife that I need an NES (yes the original Nintendo Entertainment System). She agreed, after some convincing that it would be fun for me and our son...soon to be sons... to play on. Anyway, it's coming with Mario 1, 2 & 3.

Who would have thought that this:
It took players through a bizarre fantasy world in which a squat, mustachioed, Italian plumber named Mario worked either solo, or — in a two-player game — with his taller, skinnier sibling Luigi, to bound through level-like “worlds” filled with flying turtles, piranha plants, fireballs, hammer-tossing koopas and mushroom-like creatures called “Goombas” in order to rescue Princess Toadstool from a part-turtle, part-dragon creature named Bowser.

Read more: Full List | All-TIME 100 Video Games | TIME.com

could turn into one of the most recoginizable games in the world.

Dude where do you live? I want to bring out the child in me and have a slumber party at your house!

Bahahaha!! I don't think I can stay up till 3:00 or 4:00 AM playing like I used to, but I'd give it my best shot at lasting till midnight. :rofl:

Ya i was thinking:
Give me a case of Mountain Dew and 5 bags of doritos and I'm going on a gaming binge.....nah who am I kidding....I'll have 2 mountain dews, 1/2 a bag of doritos, and be passed out on the couch by 11.

Oh, btw, how's this for #flashback friday:
IMG_0518.jpg

Works great. The one controller has electrical tape around it and it's kind of falling off, and the other one has a tear all the way down to the wire, but I can re-tape both of those and they both work. I forgot how bad the graphics really are. To be honest, I played Mario mostly on Super Nintendo (Super Mario All Stars) and they clearly updated the games from the NES versions. Regardless it's awesome. Hope my wife lets me play for a while before she makes me wrap it up and save it for Christmas.

Does anyone know, does the gun only work on certain TV's? It doesn't seem to be working on either of mine. I'm going to try it out on a few others first before I contact the seller. I hear the gun go off, and it clicks, it just won't hit the duck (even when I put it right up to the screen).

that picture brings back so many good memories. I almost cried at it lol i prefer old mario and than the newer version of him

You seem like a guy that will appreciate this. . . .
IMG_0483.jpg

I'm looking to get all of the old school consoles, i know there are emulators on the PCs and USB controllers exactly like the old school ones and i also know that there are new versions of these consoles that replicate the old console exactly. But it's just feels better playing it on the originals :)

Back
Top Bottom