My car... 444444...

I wanted to do that, but it was so hot out side and more work to do. This is one of the hottest places in the world! I'm lazy :D

No really, I was on a bridge that had a traffic light. The best choice was to just tie the throttle piece pulled to the body.

Oh, and there's a sliding roof. I coulda' put the cable thru it instead :p

Look, it's over there on the roof:
10868192_748606658561433_5654050996021818450_n.jpg

Good to see a auto enthusiasts thread here. I got a hauling F-150 truck and a reliable DD Honda Civic with 285k miles on the clock. We got a jeep Wrangler project as well, it will be an offroad warrior. Suspension and wheels are recently done, waiting for the Toyo tires to arrive.

I'm a sedan guy. Trucks and SUV's turn me off. But I'd never deny or belittle their uses over smaller cars. This thread's car (there were pics but looks like got deleted. I'll attached one now) was originally a project to swap the engine with a V8 but the plan didn't go well. Instead I rebuilt the engine for ~$1280 USD and the gearbox for a ~$480 USD along with some fixes here and there and it is as good as new now. Now the mileage after the rebuild is about 285K miles too. Imagine a V8 on this car!

17504690_1319903451431748_259735694977149442_o.jpg

Sorry but cars just isn't my thing.I have a old beat-up pickup i use to pull or home around when we travel. Have a 30 foot 5th wheel we live in and travel with. Have to have a truck. Maybe trading this one in for a newer beater:)

Attachments

• rsz_20150411_145509.jpg
    rsz_20150411_145509.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20150408_185103.jpg
    20150408_185103.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1
I'd have to say I'm more of a car guy myself. I used to own one of these: a Chevy Mini Extreme. It wasn't suped up like this one but same color and model.

di-chevy_extreme_trucks_for_sale-cafd112c02b9711a0f656caf4281a99f.jpg

Sorry but cars just isn't my thing.I have a old beat-up pickup i use to pull or home around when we travel. Have a 30 foot 5th wheel we live in and travel with. Have to have a truck. Maybe trading this one in for a newer beater:)

Cars are originally for practical purposes and errands in the first place, not for fun. I especially admire having cars for that. Dunno what beater means, but it sounds bad ass!

You're okay ;)

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

I'd have to say I'm more of a car guy myself. I used to own one of these: a Chevy Mini Extreme. It wasn't suped up like this one but same color and model.

di-chevy_extreme_trucks_for_sale-cafd112c02b9711a0f656caf4281a99f.jpg

I think it is good thing you "used to" have this one :D

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Oh, the tires are on for about two years now and are doing fine. We borrow heat from hell where I live here and I travel ~40x2 miles a day, so good think they are still holding, God bless. Those Birdgestones are tough. Due to financial difficulties, I think Hankook is next.

Last edited:
Sweet ride but don't think it could haul a lightweight 5th wheel.

Smart guy, A "beater" is a vehicle used for everything. Beat up, banged up rust holes in the doors or fenders ext. Towing trailers going to the store, bank or any other thing a truck would be good for. Not usually the best looking or fancy. In my case mine is 26 years old now. Has over 300,000 miles on it and still gets the job done. It has had only one accident and it was a rear-ender, being shoved from behind, as in my case. can take a toll on any vehicle. I am lucky as the front is all steel! I replaced the front fenders hood and grill and bumper. The rear bumper and one taillight was also replaced. I also changed the tailgate but was going to as we were going to put a fifth wheel tailgate on it. I haven't painted it yet. Ugly as sin but a good runner. :D
Don't care what it really looks like as long as it does what i need it to do. Its a Beater for sure.

Oh... then since I don't pull trailers around and don't carry half of the populace, I guess my car is a beater too :D

I do carry up to four people besides me often tho and it can take it.

It's ~25 years old.

Gotta love old cars, specially American, to withstand idiots out there.

Back
Top Bottom