My car... 444444...

Guys, different engine makes have different cases. It is getting burned actually. There was a leak in the valve cover gasket that stayed ~2,000 km thru this oil fill that showed the loss of oil before finally changing it. That could be a cause for the loss of some amount in this calculation. That's gonna be proven in the next change.

Believe it or not, my car's owner's manual says this specific engine, among others of the same generation, could consume up to 1.5L every 1,000 km max! This is crazy, but it does say so. There it is in the attachments. Keep in mindin Germany they have autobahns with open speeds. That allows making more accurate tests and results.

It is one unique case that not many people know of. WD65 seems to know it tho :)

And by the way, valve seals do go bad quick in this engine. I guess this is why they made it possible to be replaced by just removing the valve cover instead of the whole cylinder head. Heck, even the timing chain

Oil change? I change it every 5,000 km (~3,125 miles). This time I chose to keep it up to 8,000 km because the oil is full synth. Looks like it's gonna be the last (or before the last cuz I have one more experiment to do) and later changes will be semi-synth. We do have 5W40 and 10W40 semi-synth oils here.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 0
Was the oil fill old before finding that?

It's also good to know how much is the amount between min. and max. on the stick. For me it is 2 liters. That's how I knew exactly how much loss I was up against (before rebuilding the engine).

See how I moved to the metric system? It's because I know you use it like we do :D

He was informed the oil was changed before we bought the bike (July 2016), but now we're not so sure... :rolleyes:

He was informed the oil was changed before we bought the bike (July 2016), but now we're not so sure... :rolleyes:

Nine months ago... that's actually not necessarily bad. Some makers' recommendations say oil can stay for up to one year if certain driving conditions are met. Hopefully that's the case with your brother's bike.

Now the controversial part comes; the above mentioned driving conditions. Those include the mileage since the last oil+filter change, the oil type, weather clarity (dust), etc. I hope you have that in the records :D

Ha, the paint on the bumper cracked so I improvised to leave it for now. Sometimes I stand speechless of what I do:

18193242_1353007781454648_7792934078439200689_o.jpg

Yup :)

It might look ugly, but the cracks and pealed paint it hides look uglier for sure.

I did something else, but only those familiar with this car can tell. The 300E badge was chrome and the line under was black and they faded. Aren't available new so I painted them silver.

Looks better than mine, but mine is old and payed for!:lol:

can i say UGLY!!!!!:whistling:

Attachments

• 11823589.jpg
    11823589.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 11823590.jpg
    11823590.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 11823591.jpg
    11823591.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1
Right. I'd rather get a car that's beat up but mechanically sound than a flashy car with a burnt valve.

Back
Top Bottom